Cosmos Dev kit prerequisites check error

Topics: Off Topic, Other
Sep 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I'm getting an error while Trying to compile cosmos dev kit......

It's saying that i dont have "vmware or Bochs not found" but i have vmware installed....

i already tried re installing vmware and its still not working......

Any help is appreciated......

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2012 at 12:35 PM
On 9/24/2012 7:32 AM, Nayas wrote:
> I'm getting an error while Trying to compile cosmos dev kit......
>
> It's saying that i dont have "vmware or Bochs not found" but i have
> vmware installed....
>
> i already tried re installing vmware and its still not working......
>
> Any help is appreciated......

Yesterday it didnt look for Bochs, so it looks like someone is working
on the new task I posted. You can pull a rev from 24 hours ago and it
should work.
Developer
Sep 24, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I applied a small fix that implement issue #15644 as suggested by Kudzu. Could you try to use changeset #95850 and let us know if this fix the error ? Additionally could you tell us which VMware product you have installed ?

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Edited Sep 29, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I have VMware player......and i have Cosmos Dev kit Rev 95886

and #95850 is giving the same not found error

Developer
Sep 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Changeset #95850 is before the "Bochs or VMware" change. So there is another problem. We are searching the registry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products for each key we seek the "ProductName" property (if present) and compare the value with "VMware Workstation" or "VMware Player" or "VMwarePlayer_x64". If any match is found the VMware product is installed.

I suggest you launch REGEDIT.EXE program. Take care to do this with a non administrative account so that you are sure you can't make any modification and so prevent yourself from messing-up with the registry. In the left pane expand the path to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products. Right clic the Products folder and select the Find... menu item. Search for "VMware" (without quotes) and make sure to have the three "Look at" checkboxes checked. Make sure the "match whole string only" is unchecked. If you find any ProductName value not listed above, lest us know. If you find nothing, the VMware product is not installed for all users.

You can also perform the same check starting from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products. This must be performed while logged in under the same account than the one where you where logged in when installing the VMware product. If you find a matching ProductName under this key this means you installed VMware for current user only and not for all users on the machine. This is not a supported scenario at current time. You should uninstall VMware and reinstall for all users.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:49 AM
BlueSkeye wrote:

You can also perform the same check starting from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products. This must be performed while logged in under the same account than the one where you where logged in when installing the VMware product. If you find a matching ProductName under this key this means you installed VMware for current user only and not for all users on the machine. This is not a supported scenario at current time. You should uninstall VMware and reinstall for all users.

I tried doing it....... i dont have vmware under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products 

but under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Did you manually run VMware yet?

Op 7 okt. 2012 12:49 schreef "nayas" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

BlueSkeye wrote:

I tried doing it....... i dont have vmware under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products

but under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com