This project is read-only.

How to use Grunt's GLNFS?

Topics: Off Topic, Other
Sep 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM
Edited Sep 29, 2012 at 1:38 AM

I am having trouble with Grunt's GLNFS. I seem to always get 0 as the block size and 0 for the block count on BlockDevices (I know that's part of COSMOS, not GLNFS, but I suspect I am initializing something here incorrectly) Here is what I've got:  

GruntyOS.HAL.GLNFS glnfs = new GruntyOS.HAL.GLNFS(new Cosmos.Hardware.BlockDevice.Partition(Cosmos.Hardware.BlockDevice.BlockDevice.Devices.ToArray()[0], 1, (Cosmos.Hardware.BlockDevice.BlockDevice.Devices.ToArray()[0].BlockCount * 2 /* 1024 bytes per block, 512 per sector */)));
glnfs.Format("VOLUME0");             

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:17 AM
gungan37 wrote:

I am having trouble with Grunt's GLNFS. I seem to always get 0 as the block size and 0 for the block count on BlockDevices (I know that's part of COSMOS, not GLNFS, but I suspect I am initializing something here incorrectly) Here is what I've got:  

GruntyOS.HAL.GLNFS glnfs = new GruntyOS.HAL.GLNFS(new Cosmos.Hardware.BlockDevice.Partition(Cosmos.Hardware.BlockDevice.BlockDevice.Devices.ToArray()[0], 1, (Cosmos.Hardware.BlockDevice.BlockDevice.Devices.ToArray()[0].BlockCount * 2 /* 1024 bytes per block, 512 per sector */)));
glnfs.Format("VOLUME0");             

http://infinity.gruntxproductions.net/wiki/index.php?title=GLNFS#Using_GLNFS_in_C.23

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Sorry, could you please provide a link to the newest .DLL? The wiki page has no link. Thanks!

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:41 AM
gungan37 wrote:

Sorry, could you please provide a link to the newest .DLL? The wiki page has no link. Thanks!

Just use the one you are using because that is the most recent version (mine is more updated but is built with abstraction specifically for my OS)

Sep 29, 2012 at 3:42 AM

OK, thanks! I just wanted to know since the version I am using only has support for one-character volume labels, while the wiki code appeared to be looking for a string ---- I thought I had missed something =) Thanks again for the help!