Can't use any Cosmos.Sys commands

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Oct 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM
Edited Oct 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Hi,

I am new to Cosmos and I'm very interested in it. However, I want to shut the PC down with a command. I believe the way to do this is:

xBoot = new Cosmos.Sys.Boot();

But that does not work. I do not have a 'Cosmos.Sys' namespace. I have a Cosmos.System namespace, but that does not contain a 'Boot' command.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks, OrangeFlash81

Developer
Oct 25, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Your info is very old.

On Oct 25, 2012 5:08 AM, "OrangeFlash81" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am new to Cosmos and I'm very interested in it. However, I want to shut the PC down with a command. I believe the way to do this is:

xBoot = new Cosmos.Sys.Boot();

But that does not work. I do not have a 'Cosmos.Sys' namespace. I have a Cosmos.System namespace, but that does not contain a 'Boot' command.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Thanks, OrangeFlash81

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:22 PM

OK, what should I use instead then to shut the PC down?

Thanks, OrangeFlash81

Developer
Oct 25, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Search "ACPI" on these discussion boards and read the first few posts.

On Oct 25, 2012 6:22 AM, "OrangeFlash81" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

OK, what should I use instead then to shut the PC down?

Thanks, OrangeFlash81

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:04 PM
thanx ..its working..:)