Have problem with VMWare Player 5.0.1

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Nov 17, 2012 at 4:43 AM

I downloaded the UserKit and use C# Cosmos project sample. I ran the project, VMWare Player 5.0 popped up and struck. (sometimes, it took forever, sometimes, it took 20 minutes) to actually load the Cosmos.

I also tried to run the Cosmos directly from VMWare Player. I can run it instantly with connection error which I believe it is connection for debugging. In short, my VMWare is working properly, so I suspected that debugger has difficulty in establish connection with VMware 5.0.

So the questions are "does it happen to only me or everyone also has the similar problem with VMWare Player?" and "what is the preferable VMWare Player version to run Cosmos?"

Thanks
Visal .In 

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I uninstalled VMWare Player 5.0 and installed VMWare Player 4.0. It works fine now.

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Switch visual studio to release mode and the debugger connection issue will be gone (there is a reason for debug/release settings you know)

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Sure, but then you won't be able to use the cosmos debugger...

Op 18 nov. 2012 00:06 schreef "6677" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

Switch visual studio to release mode and the debugger connection issue will be gone (there is a reason for debug/release settings you know)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com