64bit

Topics: Off Topic, Other
Apr 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
So I have been writing in Assembly for 32bit systems. Now I have been using ISOLinux for my bootloader like you guys. Now I would like to try x64 Assembly programming. I know how to do it in NASM and it works and compiles just fine, now my question is, will my bootloader put me in long mode? Or will I have to do that myself? Or should I get another bootloader to do it for me? Thanks, Matt

Just curious cause I would like to try to boot this code. Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Best to find an osdev forum or mailinglist.

Op 8 apr. 2013 22:04 schreef "civilwarrock" <[email removed]> het volgende:

So I have been writing in Assembly for 32bit systems. Now I have been using ISOLinux for my bootloader like you guys. Now I would like to try x64 Assembly programming. I know how to do it in NASM and it works and compiles just fine, now my question is, will my bootloader put me in long mode? Or will I have to do that myself? Or should I get another bootloader to do it for me? Thanks, Matt

Just curious cause I would like to try to boot this code. Thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Apr 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

osdev.org is where you want to be.

Apr 9, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Why are you asking here? This is not a general OSDev forum, it is for Cosmos, so you'll get a better response at OSDev.