Issues with Cosmos

Topics: Compiler, Off Topic, Other, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Apr 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Hello, I have watched your progress for several years, and I like this project, however there are some things that I do not like and I would like to help you guys by giving you my feed back. Ok the first problem I have this the design. Cosmos needs all of its components to function, or atleast it appears that way. I personally think that the debugger, IL2CPU, the debugger, the assembler, and the visual studio template should all be separate components. To compile an OS, you simply compile your project with Visual Studio, and then run IL2CPU.exe from the command line, and then send the output to NASM. Such a Cosmos will also ease the porting to Mono. Another thing, is that the VSIP libraries (or what ever you call them) should come separate. They attract .Net desktop developers who really have no experience, and as a result other OS devers look down upon Cosmos developers. I mean I can see implementing some of the basic .net libraries that you need for some basic C# stuff, but the drivers and stuff should be left for the user to develop. I mean even right now its fine, but if you guys continue Cosmos will become its own kernel. You guys have something great here though dont get me wrong.
Apr 9, 2013 at 12:37 AM
I couldn't agree more.
+1
Developer
Apr 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Yes, +1

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Aim in to that brother!!!!
Developer
Apr 9, 2013 at 11:35 AM
+1 totaly need for this project to move forward
Coordinator