How Can I Use Turkish Characters On Cosmos OS?

Topics: Compiler, Developing Cosmos (Working on Cosmos source code directly), Installation, Other, Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Aug 2, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Please Help Me!

Hello I Am A Turkish. How Can I Use Turkish Characters On Cosmos OS?

Sorry I Have Got Bad English :(
Aug 3, 2013 at 2:24 AM
To my understanding, ASCII does not include Turkish characters. You could rewrite the bitmap font in Video RAM, but then you are going to have conflicts with the character encoding. To me, an ideal solution would be to add support for Unicode. Unfortunately, you are limited to ASCII characters when using standard VGA text mode. The only other solution, would be to implement some sort of virtual console (Similar to the Linux Framebuffer) and then you can add support for Unicode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA-compatible_text_mode
Aug 3, 2013 at 7:20 AM
GruntXProductions wrote:
To my understanding, ASCII does not include Turkish characters. You could rewrite the bitmap font in Video RAM, but then you are going to have conflicts with the character encoding. To me, an ideal solution would be to add support for Unicode. Unfortunately, you are limited to ASCII characters when using standard VGA text mode. The only other solution, would be to implement some sort of virtual console (Similar to the Linux Framebuffer) and then you can add support for Unicode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA-compatible_text_mode
How Can I Use Unicode Characters In My Cosmos OS? Because Unicode Include Turkish Characters. And Thank You
Aug 3, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Edited Aug 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM
And I Have Got A Question? I'M Using Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition And MileStone 4

How To Print Texts On GUI Mode (VGAScreen) ???

Orvid.Graphics Not Working On The Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition And MileStone 4.

Because Orvid.Graphics Not Compatibility With Visual Studio 2008 And MileStone 4. Help Please???

If Orvid.Graphics Compatibility With Visual Studio 2008 And MileStone 4 How To Install Orvid.Graphics On MileStone 4 And Visual Studio 2008??

Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2013 at 11:39 AM
MS4 is ancient...

Turkish is a latin based character set. One does not need to implement Unicode which is huge just to get Turkish. Turkish can be implemented by simply assuming a Turkish code page instead and adding the extra characters that do not exist in ASCII.
Aug 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Please Answer My Question :

I'M Using Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition And MileStone 4

How To Print Texts On GUI Mode (VGAScreen) ???

Orvid.Graphics Not Working On The Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition And MileStone 4.

Because Orvid.Graphics Not Compatibility With Visual Studio 2008 And MileStone 4. Help Please???

If Orvid.Graphics Compatibility With Visual Studio 2008 And MileStone 4 How To Install Orvid.Graphics On MileStone 4 And Visual Studio 2008??

Thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM
On 8/3/2013 10:53 AM, CosmosMaker wrote:
Aug 25, 2013 at 1:16 AM
Help i have an error here it is:
System.Exception: plug needed, System.Boolean System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Runtime.Helpers.Equals(System.Object, System.Object)
and something im using:
Visual Studio 2010 Professional and Cosmos Milestone 4