This project is read-only.

Networking in Cosmos

Topics: Developing Cosmos (Working on Cosmos source code directly)
Jan 29, 2014 at 2:27 PM
I like the idea of your project, and therefore I want to help.

I have written a lot of C# code for network protocol parsing and generation of packets (including Ethernet, ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS). Also some logic is included, like routing, IP fragmentation and address resolution (A TCP-Socket is missing, however).

The pattern I used is object oriented and matches the pattern of your existing networking code (e.g. packet classes). The code is very low level and does only depend on basic .Net 2.0 features.

I grant you the permission to use my code for the cosmos project. I hope it relieves a bit of your hard work.

If you need a helping hand with the networking implementation, give me a point to start and I will look what I can do.
Jan 30, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Hmmm....
Cool!
Which card are you interested to program for? Realtek 8139 and Intel 8250x seem to be
the most documented ones,
The biggest problem with all this networking and graphics stuff is that you have way TOO MANY cards to program for.
As for your sources they look great!
Hope you've a nice day!
Jan 30, 2014 at 9:06 AM
ALLDESP: There are an (almost) infinite number of cards, but the number of processing chips is much smaller. for example, many cheaper brands use realtek chips. same goes for a lot of motherboards..

2014-01-30 ALLDESP <[email removed]>:

Hmmm....
Cool!
Which card are you interested to program for? Realtek 8139 and Intel 8250x seem to be
the most documented ones,
The biggest problem with all this networking and graphics stuff is that you have way TOO MANY cards to program for.
As for your sources they look great!
Hope you've a nice day!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 2, 2014 at 8:49 PM
ALLDESP wrote:
Hmmm....
Cool!
Which card are you interested to program for?
I thought about some higher-level programming tasks, for example introducting DHCP or DNS.