How would I go about this?

Topics: Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
Jun 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Rambling on and on, do not read unless you are bored and want to
SO, I have been playing around with making operating systems in handwritten assembly (and a bootloader in machinecode for fun (turned out to be more torture than fun!) ), made a basic cli, and a simple gui with keyboard controlled cursor (couldn't stop moving when typing, lol) and now I want to work with COSMOS for a faster and more enjoyable workflow... I'm ever-so-slightly new to c# (read a couple books a few times over, that's it but I'm not sure if that's all you need or? sorry I'm new to c# and used to lower level languages like assembly)
Rambling over
ANYWAY, I've never linked 2 codes together, always doing everything in bootloader - so, how would I go about linking 2 applications (kernel + applications, for example) in cosmos, or would I have to do that in assembly?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2014 at 6:46 PM
You sound like the type of person we need! We have so many users who want to work in the high level areas, but as of now we need a few more people besides the few core of us that can work in the low level...
Jun 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
kudzu wrote:
You sound like the type of person we need! We have so many users who want to work in the high level areas, but as of now we need a few more people besides the few core of us that can work in the low level...
Thanks, but can you please help with the question below the rambling? Also, thanks.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Right now (temporarily, until we progress) Cosmos links everything into one massive kernel. So just put it in a project or reference it and it all goes in the pile...