This project is read-only.

Using a Ext2 File System

Topics: Developing Cosmos (Working on Cosmos source code directly), Using Cosmos (Developing your own OS, projects, etc)
May 17, 2015 at 6:02 AM
Hello! I've been hacking the source code of COSMOS to enable the FileSystem classes. The only FileSystem that I have been able to get working is the Ext2 FS. I am still figuring out how to get the FAT FS working currently.

So, how would I be able to use Cosmos.Sys.FileSystem to access and manage an Ext2 system? I have only been able to find VS 2008 topics regarding this problem.
May 17, 2015 at 9:22 AM
Thanks for your interest!

We're working hard on FAT support. Ext2 is not a high priority for us currently.

Please be aware that we're working on moving to Github..

2015-05-17 7:02 GMT+02:00 TomFeatherhill <[email removed]>:

Hello! I've been hacking the source code of COSMOS to enable the FileSystem classes. The only FileSystem that I have been able to get working is the Ext2 FS. I am still figuring out how to get the FAT FS working currently.

So, how would I be able to use Cosmos.Sys.FileSystem to access and manage an Ext2 system? I have only been able to find VS 2008 topics regarding this problem.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 18, 2015 at 12:29 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Thanks for your interest! We're working hard on FAT support. Ext2 is not a high priority for us currently.

Please be aware that we're working on moving to Github..
Ok! I will change my bookmarks for Cosmos OS. I look forward to FAT support in the future!!