Visual Studio Express has limitations on its ability to load extensions. To work around this while still abiding by the Visual Studio license Cosmos uses Visual Studio Express for part of the functionality, and the Visual Studio Shell for other parts. Used in combination together, this allows Using Visual Studio Express users to use Cosmos fully.
- Download a release (user kit) using the large purple button on the right.
- Using Visual Studio Express (C# or VB):
- Create a Cosmos Libary project. This contains your code.
- Using Visual Studio Shell:
- Create a Cosmos project.
- Add a reference to the Cosmos library which was created with Visual Studio Express.
- Hit F5 (run), and VMware will start with your kernel.