How to Print Text afterInitialising Graphics Mode

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Hi......

I am new to Cosmos and trying to create my own os using Cosmos....

But iam unable to print characters onto a VGAscreen i.e., after initializing using setMode320x200x8() function........

I have seen the video n source code that was posted in Changeset "cosmos-38782"

,....Bt i cudnt understand it and itz not working only iso file is working perfectly......

So I kindly request you to send me the Code to print/plot the characters/Pixels onto VGA Screen....

Regards

Aswin

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2010 at 7:21 AM
First of all, no need to repost this fast the exact same message..

After switching to VGa mode, you can set pixels using the correct SetPixel overload.

We dont have a font engine yet, so you'l have to do that yourself..

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 8:27 AM, noviceminds <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi......

I am new to Cosmos and trying to create my own os using Cosmos....

But iam unable to print characters onto a VGAscreen i.e., after initializing using setMode320x200x8() function........

I have seen the video n source code that was posted in Changeset "cosmos-38782"

,....Bt i cudnt understand it and itz not working only iso file is working perfectly......

So I kindly request you to send me the Code to print/plot the characters/Pixels onto VGA Screen....

Regards

Aswin

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com