Cant compile! Help please!

Jul 19, 2010 at 8:35 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2010 at 5:47 AM
Hello! I have run in to an very serious problem, I cant compile my OS in Cosmos. I have no idea what have happen but please help me. Problem info: Could not find file D:\Program Files\Cosmos\Cosmos User Kit\main.map. Need to fix this very soon! I have re-installed Cosmos like 3 times now and it doesnt work. Im not english so my english is very bad.
Jul 20, 2010 at 6:03 AM
Please help me!
Coordinator
Jul 20, 2010 at 6:40 AM
Please don't be so rude to re-ask in 10 hours after asking: most of us need some sleep, or even have day jobs (most of us have both, actually).

Next to your question: When asking questions (in general) you should try to give some context. In this case: windows version, cosmos version (devkit/userkit), visual studio edition, patch level. Also describe how you (tried) to compile..



On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 8:03 AM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Please help me!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 20, 2010 at 8:28 PM
Edited Jul 21, 2010 at 8:35 AM
Im sorry. It´s just that I have a deadline to make the OS finished. So im in a hurry. Okey. Using Windows 7. Visual Studio 2010 Professional. Cosmos Userkit Milestone 4. I dont know what you mean with patch level. But help me as soon as possible. Thanks.
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 7:05 AM
VS2010 is not supported. please post the stack trace of the error somewhere which doesn't goof up linebreaks.

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Im sorry. It´s just that I have a deadline to make the OS finished. So im in a hurry. Okey. Using Windows 7. Visual Studio 2010 Professional Cosmos Userkit Milestone 4. I dont know what you mean with patch level. But help me as soon as possible. Thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 21, 2010 at 8:53 AM
But I compiled Cosmos for very long with VS2010 and it has worked fine, until now. Im not so good at english, so what do you mean with that I shall post the stack trace error? But I think I know what you mean. So here you go http://tinypaste.com/009402 But cant you (or someone else) upload main.map so I can download it and put it there the file should be? Or doesnt that work?
Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 9:00 AM
main.map is part of the debug symbol generation process of our compiler.

Does the compiler have write access to d:\Program Files ? Try to install the userkit to a directory in your user directory, which is the default, if i recall correctly..


On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 10:53 AM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

But I compiled Cosmos for very long with VS2010 and it has worked fine, until now. Im not so good at english, so what do you mean with that I shall post the stack trace error? But I think I know what you mean. So here you go http://tinypaste.com/009402 But cant you (or someone else) upload main.map so I can download it and put it there the file should be? Or doesnt that work?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 21, 2010 at 9:39 AM
Still doenst work. I unistalled Cosmos, and re installed it again, but this time in my user folder (C:\Users\*MyUserName*\Cosmos Userkit). Keep getting the error message when I try to compile.
Jul 22, 2010 at 6:02 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Does anyone know how I can fix this?'

EDIT: I have messing around a little and now I get a error that 2 files are missing "Global.cs" and "Builder.cs". Does it work if someone send these files to me? Please, help me.

Jul 24, 2010 at 9:48 PM
Please help me. Anyone?
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2010 at 8:23 AM
Are you able to use VS2008?

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 11:49 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Please help me. Anyone?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 25, 2010 at 10:00 AM
Edited Jul 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I´m not sure. Because I have limited bandwith every month and thats around 5GB. And I think I already have used 4GB or something like that. And when I used 5GB the internet connection is going really slow. And as you may know, Visual Studio takes around 2GB to download, so it takes a while with my internet. So I would be happy if I could fix this but still use VS2010.

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2010 at 10:03 AM
As we're busy enough getting VS2008 working nicely (and with the upcoming MS5, it'll be not just nice but awesome....), I'm not going to put efforts in getting VS2010 working (with MS5, VS2010 won't work for sure, unless someone steps up to implement it..).  I think this counts for most team members..


On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

I´m not sure. Because I have limited bandwith every month and thats around 5GB. And I think I already have used 4GB or something like that. And when I used 5GB the internet connection is going really slow. And as you may know, Visual Studio takes around 2GB to download, so it takes a while with my internet. So I would be happy if I could fix this but still you VS2010.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 25, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Okey. But when do you think MS5 will be released? Do you recommend me to download VS2008 and install to make sure I can use Cosmos again? Or shall I wait and see if MS5 works for VS2010.

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM
Without someone working on VS2010, MS5 will definitely not work on VS2010. So your best bet is to get VS2008.



On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 12:14 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Okey. But when do you think MS5 will be released? Do you recommend me to download VS2008 and install to make sure I can use Cosmos again? Or shall I wait and see if MS5 works for VS2010.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 5, 2010 at 5:20 AM
Edited Aug 5, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I downloaded VS2008 and installed yesterday. But I can´t use Cosmos. I installed MS5 also to see if it worked with VS2008, it didnt. Re installed MS4 to continue om my project. But that didnt work either. Please help. And also, when I press new project, I cant see "Cosmos Boot".

EDIT: I cant compile in VS2008 either, it says I missing or that "Scanner.cs" and "Builder.cs" is corrupt. Please, please help me.

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2010 at 11:39 AM
Have you installed SP1 of Visual Studio 2008?

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

I downloaded VS2008 and installed yesterday. But I can´t use Cosmos. I installed MS5 also to see if it worked with VS2008, it didnt. Re installed MS4 to continue om my project. But that didnt work either. Please help. And also, when I press new project, I cant see "Cosmos Boot".

EDIT: I cant compile in VS2008 either, it says I missing or that "Scanner.cs" and "Builder.cs" is corrupt. Please, please help me.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 5, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Yes, but it still doesnt work.

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Are you trying to compile a project made with MS4 in MS5? MS5 has a new project format.

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:31 AM

I have a project made in MS4. I have both MS4 and MS5 installed on my computer. So I dont know what Milestone it tries to compile with. Using VS2008 when I try to compile.

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Anyone? =/

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Uninstall 4, reinstall 5.

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 4:45 AM
After doing that, please create a new project, and import the sources there..


On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:34 AM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: kudzu

Uninstall 4, reinstall 5.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 10, 2010 at 7:50 AM
I'll try that :)
Aug 13, 2010 at 7:16 AM
I did what you say... but it still doesnt work to compile. I made a test project to see if it worked, and it says that Cosmos.Compiler.Builder does not exist in the current namespace. And it also says that "BuildUI" does not exist in the current context. I tried to add a referens to Cosmos.Compiler.Builder but I cant find it in the install folder.
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 7:19 AM
Please remove the UserKit installations you have, then clean up the template directories of visual studio. then start visual studio again, see if it's still there. If it is, come back here, somethings goofed up. If template isn't ther anymore, reinstall MS5.




On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

I did what you say... but it still doesnt work to compile. I made a test project to see if it worked, and it says that Cosmos.Compiler.Builder does not exist in the current namespace. And it also says that "BuildUI" does not exist in the current context. I tried to add a referens to Cosmos.Compiler.Builder but I cant find it in the install folder.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM
I only have Milstone 5 installed. Where is the template directories located?
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM
First uninstall ms5, then cleanup {ProgramFiles}\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates (remove the Cosmos directory)

Then, run devenv.exe /setup (with administrative privileges) and wait till the process ends (has no GUI, so watch the taskmanager.



On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:16 AM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

I only have Milstone 5 installed. Where is the template directories located?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM
Uninstalled MS5 like you said. But I did not need to remove the Cosmos dir in the Project Templates folder because it was removed when I uninstalled. But how do I run devenv.exe /setup ??
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 10:04 AM
you run it manually, using the Start | Run window, or using a command prompt. When you now start Visua Studio, does it list any templates?




On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:03 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Uninstalled MS5 like you said. But I did not need to remove the Cosmos dir in the Project Templates folder because it was removed when I uninstalled. But how do I run devenv.exe /setup ??

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM
Now I have run devenv.exe /setup. And now when I start Visual Studio (with cosmos NOT installed) it is listing the Cosmos Boot template. What´s next?
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM
In My Documents, there's folder named VisualStudio, in there should be a templtaes folder, with a file with Cosmos in it. remove it...


On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:16 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Now I have run devenv.exe /setup. And now when I start Visual Studio (with cosmos NOT installed) it is listing the Cosmos Boot template. What´s next?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 13, 2010 at 10:49 AM
Done. And now? Install MS5 again?
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 10:51 AM
re-run vs, and see if the template is gone..


On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:49 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Done. And now? Install MS5 again?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 13, 2010 at 10:54 AM
Now it´s gone. Should I install MS5 now?
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Yes. Please let me know if it works now.


On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:54 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Now it´s gone. Should I install MS5 now?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 13, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Now I have installed MS5. But I can´t create a new Cosmos boot project because the template isn´t there.
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 11:49 AM
What visual studio edition you have? standard or up? Or express and you happen to have Team Explorer (or some other VS Integrated Shell product) installed?




On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 1:38 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Now I have installed MS5. But I can´t create a new Cosmos boot project because the template isn´t there.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 13, 2010 at 12:28 PM
I have both Visual Studio 2008 Professional and Visual Studio 2010 Professional installed on this computer. But I´m using VS2008 to this (trying to make Cosmos work again), so I dont use VS2010 when I try to compile Cosoms anymore. I dont think I have any VS Integrated Shell product installed.
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2010 at 12:37 PM
Integrated is normal vs, or anything that would integrate with vs. (team explorer, ironpython studio, etc)

So MS5 isn't showing you any templates?

TO which dir did you install MS5?


On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 2:29 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

I have both Visual Studio 2008 Professional and Visual Studio 2010 Professional installed on this computer. But I´m using VS2008 to this (trying to make Cosmos work again), so I dont use VS2010 when I try to compile Cosoms anymore. I dont think I have any VS Integrated Shell product installed.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 13, 2010 at 1:20 PM
No, MS5 doesnt shows any templates. MS5 was installed in C:\Users\*MyUsername*\Cosmos Userkit\
Aug 16, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Someone please help me out with this :(

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Please help me to solve this

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Please join IRC and talk to someone

Aug 31, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Should I give up and dont try to fix this? It seems to be impossible to fix this :(

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2010 at 9:23 PM

smremde offered you a way to resolve it.

Sep 1, 2010 at 2:57 PM

How do I join the IRC then?

Coordinator
Sep 1, 2010 at 11:21 PM

www.gocosmos.org click chat

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Since today evening, vs2010 is supported in current changeset. Try it, install vs sdk 2010, inno setup with preprozessor, and checkout last changeset, then you can build with il2cpu\build\vsip\build2010.bat.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:47 AM
Trivalik wrote:
> Since today evening, vs2010 is supported in current changeset. Try it,
> install vs sdk 2010, inno setup with preprozessor, and checkout last
> changeset, then you can build with il2cpu\build\vsip\build2010.bat.

GREAT!!!

Do we need to keep all the "dual" 2010 projects? can we share a single
project structure wiht 2008? Or maybe we can elminate 2008 now that we
have 2010 working?
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 6:37 AM

For work with vs2008, we need csproj, else comes a error through wrong toolsversion. I think for manuall Build by console it would work with csproj from vs2010, except vspackage.

I dont know the state of Cosmos debugger, because my vs2010 hangs by set a breakpoint.

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 7:07 AM
so vs2010 is not fully working yet? too bad...

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:37 AM, Trivalik <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Trivalik

For work with vs2008, we need csproj, else comes a error through wrong toolsversion. I think for manuall Build by console it would work with csproj from vs2010, except vspackage.

I dont know the state of Cosmos debugger, because my vs2010 hangs by set a breakpoint.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:14 PM
Trivalik wrote:
> I dont know the state of Cosmos debugger, because my vs2010 hangs by set
> a breakpoint.

VS2010 and breakpoints are working for me. Try a full rebiuld. When I
did a build I got:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft.Common.targets(0,0):
warning MSB3088: Could not read state file
"obj\Debug\ResolveAssemblyReference.cache". Unable to cast object of
type 'Microsoft.Build.Tasks.SystemState' to type
'Microsoft.Build.Tasks.StateFileBase'.
------ Build started: Project: Cosmos.Sys.Plugs2010, Configuration:
Debug Any CPU ------

But rebuild fixed this.
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:16 PM
Trivalik wrote:
> For work with vs2008, we need csproj, else comes a error through wrong

Lets drop 2008 now... Please purge all the 2008 stuff and then remove
the 2010 suffixes from the projects/bat/sln files.
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:18 PM
How does that work out for the team?


 
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 2:16 PM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: kudzu

Trivalik wrote:
> For work with vs2008, we need csproj, else comes a error through wrong

Lets drop 2008 now... Please purge all the 2008 stuff and then remove
the 2010 suffixes from the projects/bat/sln files.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM
mterwoord wrote:
> How does that work out for the team?

A few might be affected, but they will have to get 2010 or go express.
The problem is the resources... It wont affect any of the active core
members that I know of, and supporting 2 versions requires a lot of work
since the projects must be duplicated etc.

I added a file to a project yesterday, and then had to go add it to the
2010 one as well...
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM
hmm, ok. i would welcome it. cosmos is the only vs2008 project i'm currently involved with..


 
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 2:26 PM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: kudzu

mterwoord wrote:
> How does that work out for the team?

A few might be affected, but they will have to get 2010 or go express.
The problem is the resources... It wont affect any of the active core
members that I know of, and supporting 2 versions requires a lot of work
since the projects must be duplicated etc.

I added a file to a project yesterday, and then had to go add it to the
2010 one as well...

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Sep 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Can someone help me with this over IRC?

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2010 at 2:11 PM
LittleRicke wrote:
> Can someone help me with this over IRC?

Better to ask whoever is on IRC at the moment.
Coordinator
Sep 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM

When you not willing to come in IRC try the install guide http://cosmos.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/66363#1397117 for vs 2010.

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:45 PM

I've been busy all weekend with some stuffs.

Sep 17, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I have followed the install guide (http://cosmos.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/66363#1397117) but I get this error now: http://i53.tinypic.com/2ldg9bk.jpg

Help please.

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2010 at 4:58 PM
You need to recreate your kernel. The compilation infrastructure got changed quite a bit.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:20 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

I have followed the install guide (http://cosmos.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/66363#1397117) but I get this error now: http://i53.tinypic.com/2ldg9bk.jpg

Help please.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Sep 17, 2010 at 5:03 PM

So I need to create a new project and import all the source code from the old project?

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2010 at 5:08 PM
Correct, but please have a look at the program.cs file: that one changed a bit. (You dont need to call the builder stuff from there)

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:03 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

So I need to create a new project and import all the source code from the old project?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Sep 17, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Getting an error when I try to compile the new project that says that VMware is not installed and it´s probably going to crash. Do I need to install VMware just to compile?

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM
You did not tell VS to compile, you told it to run.



On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 7:15 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: LittleRicke

Getting an error when I try to compile the new project that says that VMware is not installed and it´s probably going to crash. Do I need to install VMware just to compile?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Sep 17, 2010 at 6:02 PM

How do I change that?

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Go in IRC, we could show you, i.e. Teamviewer!! http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=cosmos-dev

I havent try it without vmware, so i dont know what happens.

Per default the Cosmos Project ist the start project, when you press build or run, you will see in output window the creation stuff. When i am not wrong, the created iso is in C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Cosmos User Kit\...

If you install vmware player, then will it run automatically.

Sep 17, 2010 at 7:11 PM

I´m on the IRC now!

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Check out the latest devkit and test, Kudzu have now a other error, but if you have luck it works with vmware.

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Where can I download vmware without register? I tried on their website but I don't have a company! Give me a download link please.

What do you mean? Shall I download the latest devkit and then go in to the folder (when I have extraced it) and the run install.bat?

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2010 at 8:50 AM

https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/?p=vmware-workstation&lp=1

 

Just sign up - you don't need a company. just put none if it asks