What's the new compiler like? What happened to IL2CPU?

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Hey!

I just got a couple of questions.

1)What happened to IL2CPU?

2)What's the new compiler like? Can you tell me more about the internal specs?

3)If I wish to directly compile IL to x86 assembly, how'd I go about it?

PS - This is a great job you're doing. I like the idea about the Pico-iTX farms!

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 8:03 AM
The new compiler is just a new scanner, the rest didn't change. It's in source2\IL2PCU
regarding 3: you "just" need to add support for that in about every instruction class we use. Forget about that, we have plans for that. Why do you want that? compiling to nasm, and then assembling using nasm isn't the slow part of the process..

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM, hackerlabs <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey!

I just got a couple of questions.

1)What happened to IL2CPU?

2)What's the new compiler like? Can you tell me more about the internal specs?

3)If I wish to directly compile IL to x86 assembly, how'd I go about it?

PS - This is a great job you're doing. I like the idea about the Pico-iTX farms!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:05 AM

Whoa! That was quick!

Okay. So it's still pretty much the same, the way I found it a year back.

Well - I like IL. I like writing code directly in IL. So i was wondering if it would be possible to just feed my IL code to the IL2CPU compiler, and let it do the rest..

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 8:07 AM
our compiler takes .net assemblies, so as long as your "il" is fed in compiled (and verified) form, it's ok .

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 9:06 AM, hackerlabs <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Whoa! That was quick!

Okay. So it's still pretty much the same, the way I found it a year back.

Well - I like IL. I like writing code directly in IL. So i was wondering if it would be possible to just feed my IL code to the IL2CPU compiler, and let it do the rest..

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Sounds good!

Thanks a ton!

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2010 at 1:41 PM

The last year we've been spending on the custom project types in VS, debugger, etc.. ie VS integration... we are very close to release!