This project is read-only.

Does the userkit support io functions

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:49 AM

im trying to use a the line of code:

<font size="2">

</font>Console.WriteLine(System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories("/"));

but it gives me an error about some plug. am i just using the function wrong or whats going on?

thanks in advance and all answers are apreciated

Jul 25, 2010 at 9:28 AM
That line of code is not supported. try:

var xDirs = System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories("/");
for(int i = 0; i < xDirs.Length; i ++)
{
     Console.WriteLine(xDirs[i]);
}

Keep some things in mind:
+ interfaces are not yet supported, so don't use the foreach statement,
+ cosmos only supports Ext2 reading,
+ cosmos doesn't support partitioning yet, so format your disk (in linux, for example) using the command: mkfs.ext2 /dev/hdb    and don't use hdbX (where X is partition number).

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 9:49 AM, xdalutzx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

im trying to use a the line of code:

<font size="2">

</font>Console.WriteLine(System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories("/"));

but it gives me an error about some plug. am i just using the function wrong or whats going on?

thanks in advance and all answers are apreciated

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 25, 2010 at 11:44 PM

k but im using vmware to test will i have to do anything to the harddrive

Jul 26, 2010 at 7:43 AM
format it. best to download Damn Small Linux, and boot the vm with that, after adding an IDE harddisk. THen in DSL, format the drive using the command i gave in previous message.

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM, xdalutzx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

k but im using vmware to test will i have to do anything to the harddrive

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 26, 2010 at 7:47 AM

awsome

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM
Works?

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:47 AM, xdalutzx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

awsome

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:32 AM

lol no i put that before i tried it. i download the linux and i tried using the command but it gave me an error about memory space

Aug 1, 2010 at 6:09 AM

um ok i managed to format the disk and then i shutdown linux and booted my os but it still didnt output anything with this code: pls help

<font size="2">

</font>var xBoot = new Cosmos.Sys.Boot();

xBoot.Execute();<font size="2">

</font>Console.WriteLine("Welcome! You just booted C# code. Please edit Program.cs to fit your needs");

var xDir = System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories("/"); <font size="2">

</font>for (int i = 0; i < xDir.Length; i++)

{

<font size="2">

Console.Write(xDir[i]);

;

}<font size="2">

</font>while (true)

</font>

Aug 1, 2010 at 8:15 AM
I assume you made an IDE disk in VMware instaed of a scsi one?

For the rest, not really a clue...

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:09 AM, xdalutzx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

um ok i managed to format the disk and then i shutdown linux and booted my os but it still didnt output anything with this code: pls help

<font size="2">

</font>var xBoot = new Cosmos.Sys.Boot();

xBoot.Execute();<font size="2">

</font>Console.WriteLine("Welcome! You just booted C# code. Please edit Program.cs to fit your needs");

var xDir = System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories("/"); <font size="2">

</font>for (int i = 0; i < xDir.Length; i++)

{

<font size="2">

Console.Write(xDir[i]);

;

}<font size="2">

</font>while (true)

</font>