This project is read-only.

better pixel grapics

Aug 6, 2010 at 11:33 PM
hey so when i use the vgascreen.setpixel to draw a pixel it draws the pixel 4 times bigger than what my screen can handle and when i use vgascreen.test() it draws with pixels as small as my normal os does is there a way i can set the pixel size smaller
Aug 7, 2010 at 12:59 AM
lol, same problem with me.
Aug 8, 2010 at 2:43 AM

and something i would just like to bring to the attention of the creators of cosmos is that vga screen is alittle screwed

if i wast to use

Cosmos.VGAScreen.SetPalleteEntry(1, 51, 51, 51);

Cosmos.VGAScreen.SetPalleteEntry(2, 204, 204, 204);

now if you put those rgb codes into paint or any other drawing app u would find that 2 would be light and closer to white

however in cosmos it accually is revearsed and1 would come out lighter

although it is easy enough to fix its something you should think about for your next release

Aug 9, 2010 at 5:41 AM
VGA is currently not actively worked on. If you want to take a stab on it, please do....

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:31 AM, xdalutzx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

and something i would just like to bring to the attention of the creators of cosmos is that vga screen is alittle screwed

if i wast to use

Cosmos.VGAScreen.SetPalleteEntry(1, 51, 51, 51);

Cosmos.VGAScreen.SetPalleteEntry(2, 204, 204, 204);

now if you put those rgb codes into paint or any other drawing app u would find that 2 would be light and closer to white

however in cosmos it accually is revearsed and1 would come out lighter

although it is easy enough to fix its something you should think about for your next release

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Cosmos.VGAScreen.SetPalleteEntry uses 0-63, not 0-255 RGB values

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM

thanks for the help and since your no longer working on vga screen could you tell me where i could find the editable code and how i can test it. if i can fix the size problem i mentioned i would be happy to send you the editted code

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Im actually not sure where the VGA code is, but I think its in one of the old demos. You may need to get MS3 snapshot from the source control to find them.

Aug 14, 2010 at 5:43 AM

lol ok but now that i know its 0 - 63 i can make much smoother colors.

and by a ms3 snapshot do u mean i need to go to the source code tab on this site and if so how would i know which number

Aug 14, 2010 at 4:15 PM
It's Cosmos.Hardware.VGAScreen in the Cosmos.Hardware project
Aug 15, 2010 at 5:40 AM

ok but where do i find the Cosmos.hardware project would it be in the file Cosmos user kit/tools/cosmos.hardware/ if so is it the Cosmos.hardware dll or the program debug data base?

sry for being so needy lol

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:43 AM

It wont be in the user kit. You'll have to look in the dev kit (source). Click source tab on our CodePlex project.

Aug 15, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Actually it is in User Kit, just not the source to it.... UK only has the binary I think.

Aug 15, 2010 at 9:13 AM
You need to reference the assembly, not the debug info.

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 6:44 AM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Actually it is in User Kit, just not the source to it.... UK only has the binary I think.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 15, 2010 at 10:51 PM

yah nvr mind thi sounds way to confusing

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:36 PM
I will have a try on this myself... I Think i can fix it, and i can talk to my friends about this...
Sep 15, 2010 at 1:48 AM

i ended up looking into it but clear seamed to have the same code as clear and i am mistaken about the size but if u can get graphics like mac or windows tell me

Sep 15, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Ok, i will try my best

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:42 PM

u can get better reselution, ik the devs of FuzionOS have... the onl prob to do something like that (for dud3 os for example) requires a CRAPLOAD of work.

lol