Help with Cosmos!!! Freaky occurence

Aug 23, 2010 at 9:43 AM

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have this code:

if (command == "create")                            

{                                

Console.Write("Name of file to create: ");                                

string create = Console.ReadLine();                                

if (!filenames.Contains(create) && filecounts == 1)                                

{                                    

Console.WriteLine(filecounts.ToString());                                    

Console.WriteLine(Int16.Parse(filecounts.ToString()));                                    

filecounts = Funcs.WriteFileToFS(create, "Empty File", Int16.Parse(filecounts.ToString()));

Console.WriteLine();

}                                

else                                

{                                    

Console.WriteLine("The file already exists!");                                    

Console.WriteLine();                                

}                            

}

where filenames is ArrayList=new ArrayList();

No matter what I set filecounts to, i still get 570512 when I write that value to the screen in numerical form. However, when I use ToString everything looks fine.

WHY!!!!!!!!???????????????

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Can you clarify which line of code is giving an unexpected output and what you expect it should be?

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:12 AM

the lines

are erring out because i use filecounts in WriteFileToFS as the number of files for easy sorting later. anyways, when i use it like that, 

even though i have it set as a class variable and assigned it the value of 1 twice, it gives me IndexOutOfRange Exception because 

it turns out that filecounts was actually 570512. However, when I use filecounts.ToString, it displays one as it should. however,

when I use Int16.Parse (Which i am using because i believe you dont support Int32.Parse in MS4), it displays 570512.

WHY??????

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2010 at 8:33 AM
I doubt any of the Parse methods are implemented on MS4..

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM, requimrar <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

the lines

are erring out because i use filecounts in WriteFileToFS as the number of files for easy sorting later. anyways, when i use it like that, 

even though i have it set as a class variable and assigned it the value of 1 twice, it gives me IndexOutOfRange Exception because 

it turns out that filecounts was actually 570512. However, when I use filecounts.ToString, it displays one as it should. however,

when I use Int16.Parse (Which i am using because i believe you dont support Int32.Parse in MS4), it displays 570512.

WHY??????

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 25, 2010 at 9:21 AM
They Are!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for helping us help you help us all.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 15:34, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I doubt any of the Parse methods are implemented on MS4..

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 9:12 AM, requimrar <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

the lines

WHY??????

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com