Error On Build

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:39 AM
Edited Jan 8, 2011 at 2:12 AM

Error 1 Interface not found.   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.VerifyInterfaceIsImplemented(RuntimeTypeHandle handle, RuntimeTypeHandle interfaceHandle)   at System.RuntimeType.GetInterfaceMap(Type ifaceType)   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanType(Type aType) in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 759   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.ScanQueue() in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 781   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod) in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\IL2CPU\Cosmos.IL2CPU\ILScanner.cs:line 284   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() in c:\Data\Sources\Cosmos\source2\Build\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild\IL2CPUTask.cs:line 239 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 MattsOSBoot

Im using the latest sources for all the .dlls in this project. I re-referenced all of them and added all the new stuff. I did this so that i could use hardware2 with all the extra stuff built in.

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:34 AM

are you using visual studio or express? only visual studio works.

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Visual Studio 2010 Professional

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:43 AM

I believe i figured out why its not working. My cosmos source is not located in C:\data

Infact, that folder doesnt exist at all. So this brings another question, why is it pointing to there?

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 2:46 AM
Express works on the latest build as well.

On 1/7/2011 10:34 PM, choover11 wrote:
> From: choover11
>
> are you using visual studio or express? only visual studio works.
>
> Read the full discussion online
> <http://cosmos.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=240921&ANCHOR#Post545762>.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed]
> <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[Cosmos:240921]>)
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed] <mailto:[email removed]>
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion
> on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings
> <https://cosmos.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on
> codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any
> posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
>
Jan 8, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Could someone upload a working set of the latest DLLs, that actually work? Thus taking the factor of the compiling of the build not working correctly without me knowing.

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Alright, i moved some things around, rebuilt all the dlls again.

Now im getting this:

Error	1	The "IL2CPU" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983'
   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute()
   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPU.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets	32	10	CosmosKernel3Boot

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM
There is just one template in VS Standard. THe Cosmos Boot project template. this one creates 2 projects: a .csproj and a .cosmos

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 2:39 AM, DjMaddius <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I installed the user kit and in VS 2010 Professional, it only shows the project template for creating a cosmos kernel. I would like to use Cosmos Boot. Though it isnt there. Help?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Are you using devkit? then you shuold build using install.bat...

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 4:20 AM, DjMaddius <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Alright, i moved some things around, rebuilt all the dlls again.

Now im getting this:

Error	1	The "IL2CPU" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983'
   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute()
   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPU.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].
	C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets	32	10	CosmosKernel3Boot

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Where is install.bat located?

Also, i appreciate the quick replies everyone. 

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 1:46 PM
Cosmos\Build\VSIP\install.bat

On 1/8/2011 9:37 AM, DjMaddius wrote:
> From: DjMaddius
>
> Where is install.bat located?
>
>
>
> Also, i appreciate the quick replies everyone.
>
> Read the full discussion online
> <http://cosmos.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=240921&ANCHOR#Post545925>.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed]
> <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[Cosmos:240921]>)
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed] <mailto:[email removed]>
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion
> on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings
> <https://cosmos.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on
> codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any
> posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
>
Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Build\VSIP

be sure to install the InnoSetup QuickStart pack first, and the Visual Studio 2010 SDK

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 2:37 PM, DjMaddius <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Where is install.bat located?

Also, i appreciate the quick replies everyone.

Jan 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Ok, i installed innosetup and the SDK. The install.bat works,

though are you saying i cant use VS to build any of my projects? Because i still cant create a CosmosProject then debug it without changing anything..

Im getting this error:

Error 1 The "IL2CPU" task failed unexpectedly.System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983'   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute()   at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPU.Execute()   at Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.Execute()   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()   at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 CosmosKernel6Boot

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 2:29 PM
then something is wrong....

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 3:12 PM, DjMaddius <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok, i installed innosetup and the SDK. The install.bat works,

though are you saying i cant use VS to build any of my projects? Because i still cant create a CosmosProject then debug it without changing anything..

Im getting this error:

Error 1 The "IL2CPU" task failed unexpectedly.System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.File name: 'Cosmos.IL2CPU.X86, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983' at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPUTask.Execute() at Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPU.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLoggingContext, TaskHost taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult)
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets 32 10 CosmosKernel6Boot

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Well no shit. Im asking how to fix it.

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Please remove all cosmos stuff from your pc, (including old devkits, userkits, etc) then do a file-search for Cosmos.* and delete everything. then redownload devkit sources, and run Install.bat (only thing necessary to install).

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 4:10 PM, DjMaddius <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Well no shit. Im asking how to fix it.

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Instead of doing that i just grabbed another computer and did as you said.

There is no template in Visual C# Express

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM
Please mention versions

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 11:15 PM, DjMaddius <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Instead of doing that i just grabbed another computer and did as you said.

There is no template in Visual C# Express

Jan 11, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Visual C# Express 2010

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2011 at 6:41 AM
WHat???? you're able to install VS SDK and use it, but are still using Express edition?

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:31 AM, DJMaddius <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Visual C# Express 2010