Use old source code in MS5?

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Hi! I have an old project created in MS4 and I can't use it in MS5. Is there any way to get it working in MS5? And it seems that MS5 has reduced amount of funtions available. Like, you can't use Cosmos.Hardware, Cosmos.System etc anymore... why's that?

/LittleRicke

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2011 at 11:11 AM
Cosmos.Hardware isn't intended to be used directly by the kernel...

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:49 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi! I have an old project created in MS4 and I can't use it in MS5. Is there any way to get it working in MS5? And it seems that MS5 has reduced amount of funtions available. Like, you can't use Cosmos.Hardware, Cosmos.System etc anymore... why's that?

/LittleRicke

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 5, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I have used Cosmos.Hardware and it worked fine.

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2011 at 12:01 PM
sure it works fine. but by default it's not possible anymore, due to our Rings. (see our website for more info on that)

you could just add a reference to Cosmos.Hardware..

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have used Cosmos.Hardware and it worked fine.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 5, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Where do I find Cosmos.Hardware so I can add a reference to it?

Coordinator
Feb 5, 2011 at 2:42 PM
GAC

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:34 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Where do I find Cosmos.Hardware so I can add a reference to it?

Feb 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM

What do you mean?

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2011 at 6:08 AM
Global Assembly Cache (faked, but for VS it's the same)

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 7:29 PM, LittleRicke <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What do you mean?