debuging error

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Ok I'm using windows 7 running Microsoft Visual C# 2010 express and the version 71406 of cosmos. I've installed the vs runtime shell thingy.

so heres the error:

A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started directly.

In order to debug this project, add an executable project to this solution which references the library project. set the executable project as the startup project. 

I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do and ive been using ms 4 until now so im alittle lost.

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2011 at 6:32 AM
You should have 2 projects, 1 with the c# logo, 1 with the cosmos logo. That last one should be set as startup project.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:21 AM, xdalutzx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok I'm using windows 7 running Microsoft Visual C# 2010 express and the version 71406 of cosmos. I've installed the vs runtime shell thingy.

so heres the error:

A project with an Output Type of Class Library cannot be started directly.

In order to debug this project, add an executable project to this solution which references the library project. set the executable project as the startup project.

I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do and ive been using ms 4 until now so im alittle lost.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 9, 2011 at 1:49 PM

where would it be? i looked through the project folder everything was from C# or it was a dll or a pdb

Coordinator
Mar 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM
In your solution.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:49 PM, xdalutzx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

where would it be? i looked through the project folder everything was from C# or it was a dll or a pdb

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:52 AM

I'm not sure I assume the solution is the folder inside projects in visual studio 2010 but what is the file extension because i can't find it sorry if I'm being oblivious.

Coordinator
Mar 10, 2011 at 6:15 AM
Ah, forgot you're on C# Express. On Express it's a bit more complicated, but still awesome: In the start menu you'll find Visual Studio 2010. Open that one, and create a Cosmos kernel project there. Add a reference to the c# project you made in C# Express, and run the Visual Studio project.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 2:52 AM, xdalutzx <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'm not sure I assume the solution is the folder inside projects in visual studio 2010 but what is the file extension because i can't find it sorry if I'm being oblivious.

Mar 12, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Ok it is starting up a DLL. You can not run a dll from visual studio it must be opened outside of visual studio. To do this simply open another visual studio and select winodws form or console and import your dll and dont forget to add

using namespace;     // Replace namespace with the name space at the top of you dll source under all the imported dlls ect...

Coordinator
Mar 12, 2011 at 3:19 PM
completely wrong: read my reply, which will explain how it is supposed to work.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 2:30 PM, edgareatis <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok it is starting up a DLL. You can not run a dll from visual studio it must be opened outside of visual studio. To do this simply open another visual studio and select winodws form or console and import your dll and dont forget to add

using namespace; // Replace namespace with the name space at the top of you dll source under all the imported dlls ect...

Feb 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Edited Feb 22, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Im getting the same problem Help?I dont understand how to do it!!

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:37 AM
stevenator wrote:

Im getting the same problem Help?I dont understand how to do it!!

I have made some tutorials that might help you here: cosmos-tutorials.webs.com/hello-osworld.html

Feb 23, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I cant seen to find the dll from the Cosmos Project's bin folder and my version of Visual Studio 2010 with the integrated shell has a Cosmos Project but it is empty with no code or kernel. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Did you save then build the code project?

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2012 at 6:53 AM
the VS integrated shell does not contain code, but references your kernel .dll and the plug assemblies. This project is the one you should run..

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Aurora01 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Did you save then build the code project?

Feb 25, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Okay I opened up Visual Studio C# 2010 and I made a new CosmosBoot Project and then I pressed the Debug button and then the Cosmos Builder opened and then I pressed the Build button and it gave me this error.

"System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Cosmos.Hardware.Hardware' from assembly 'Cosmos.Hardware, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983'.
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute._GetPropertyOrFieldData(RuntimeModule pModule, Byte** ppBlobStart, Byte* pBlobEnd, String& name, Boolean& bIsProperty, RuntimeType& type, Object& value)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)
   at System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeType type, RuntimeType caType, Boolean inherit)
   at System.RuntimeType.GetCustomAttributes(Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.FindPlugImpls()
   at Cosmos.IL2CPU.ILScanner.Execute(MethodBase aStartMethod)
   at Cosmos.Compiler.Builder.Builder.RunEngine(Object aParam)"

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I think there's something wrong with your Cosmos setup, because it can't find Cosmos.Hardware

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM
Aurora01 wrote:

I think there's something wrong with your Cosmos setup, because it can't find Cosmos.Hardware

I have a back up of the Hardware.dll file.Should I browse for it to add it to my References?

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM

That would probably help..

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Please note that this shouldn't be necessary, and therefore the proposed fix can have unknown consequences....

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Aurora01 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

That would probably help..

Feb 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Really, it would be better if you could just uninstall everything and start fresh

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:10 PM
stevenator wrote:
Aurora01 wrote:

I have a back up of the Hardware.dll file.Should I browse for it to add it to my References?

could i have a copy of your Cosmos.Hardware.dll file if possible cause i have the exact same problem

Aug 16, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Azamaster_123 wrote:
stevenator wrote:
Aurora01 wrote:

could i have a copy of your Cosmos.Hardware.dll file if possible cause i have the exact same problem

Aza , I think the reason why you do not have a the Cosmos.Hardware.dll is because you are using your old MS4 project. Try creating a new project.

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Edited Aug 11, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Im new to cosmos i have installed the newest version on visual studio 13.
but it dosent use cosmos builder. i dont know what too do can you help me?

1>------ Build started: Project: CosmosKernel13, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1635,5): warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "Cosmos.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983, processorArchitecture=MSIL", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1635,5): warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "Cosmos.Debug.Kernel, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983, processorArchitecture=MSIL", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1635,5): warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "Cosmos.Hardware, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983, processorArchitecture=MSIL", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.
1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\12.0\bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1635,5): warning MSB3270: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "Cosmos.System, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983, processorArchitecture=MSIL", "x86". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.
1> CosmosKernel13 -> c:\users\sajad(win8)\documents\visual studio 2013\Projects\CosmosKernel13\CosmosKernel13\bin\Debug\CosmosKernel13.dll
2>------ Build started: Project: CosmosKernel13Boot, Configuration: Debug x86 ------
2>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets(31,5): error MSB4062: The "Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.IL2CPU" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Users\Sajad%28win8%29\AppData\Roaming\Cosmos User Kit\Build\VSIP\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.dll. Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Sajad%28win8%29\AppData\Roaming\Cosmos User Kit\Build\VSIP\Cosmos.Build.MSBuild.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Confirm that the <UsingTask> declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.
2>Done building project "CosmosKernel13Boot.Cosmos" -- FAILED.
2>
Build has been canceled.
Coordinator
Aug 11, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Cosmos builder?
You mean the static void main() thingy? If so, that's ancient.

Best to start off with a new cosmos project..

2014-08-11 18:05 GMT+02:00 sajadbanooie <[email removed]>:

Im new to cosmos i have installed the newest version on visual studio 13.
but it dosent use cosmos builder. i dont know what too do can you help me?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM
what you mean "ancient"?
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Really, really, really, really old...

2014-08-12 10:35 GMT+02:00 sajadbanooie <[email removed]>:

what you mean "ancient"?

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:48 AM
what do i do now?
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Best to start off with a new cosmos project. (Go to File | New Project)

2014-08-12 10:48 GMT+02:00 sajadbanooie <[email removed]>:

what do i do now?

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:57 AM
i have done that almost ten times
Aug 12, 2014 at 8:59 AM
here is the code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using Sys = Cosmos.System;

namespace CosmosKernel13
{
public class Kernel : Sys.Kernel
{
    protected override void BeforeRun()
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Cosmos booted successfully. Type a line of text to get it echoed back.");
    }

protected override void Run()
    {
        Console.Write("Input: ");
        var input = Console.ReadLine();
        Console.Write("Text typed: ");
        Console.WriteLine(input);
    }
}
}
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 9:07 AM
OK. You should have 2 projects. One c# library (the one you posted the code from) and a .cosmos project. This cosmos project should be set as startup project..

2014-08-12 10:59 GMT+02:00 sajadbanooie <[email removed]>:

here is the code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using Sys = Cosmos.System;

namespace CosmosKernel13
{
public class Kernel : Sys.Kernel
{
    protected override void BeforeRun()
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Cosmos booted successfully. Type a line of text to get it echoed back.");
    }

protected override void Run()
    {
        Console.Write("Input: ");
        var input = Console.ReadLine();
        Console.Write("Text typed: ");
        Console.WriteLine(input);
    }
}
}

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:18 AM
build output:

1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets(31,5): error MSB4036: The "IL2CPU" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\12.0\bin" directory.
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM
Thats weird. Did you have old versions of cosmos installed?

2014-08-12 11:18 GMT+02:00 sajadbanooie <[email removed]>:

build output:

1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets(31,5): error MSB4036: The "IL2CPU" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Program Files\MSBuild\12.0\bin" directory.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:30 AM
no the newest. and i have re installed it 5 times
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2014 at 9:47 AM
can you uninstall it and see if there's any cosmos related garbage left on your system?

2014-08-12 11:30 GMT+02:00 sajadbanooie <[email removed]>:

no the newest. and i have re installed it 5 times

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:59 AM
it wont uninstall it either

run time error(at 37:416)

internal error: cannot disable FS redirection on this version of windows
Aug 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM
yes at last i did it.

tnx. your instruction was very help full.

:)