problem with the choosing "cosmosboot" template on VS 2010

Mar 21, 2011 at 7:28 AM

hi,

I installed the Visual Basic 2010 and i tried to install cosmosboot template on it. After installing the "CosmosUserKit.exe" file, which i have downloaded from http://cosmos.codeplex.com/, i can't find the cosmosboot under my templates in VS.

btw, im using windows 7 and i VS Professional 2010 with C# installed

Coordinator
Mar 21, 2011 at 7:35 AM
you have a project type (category) CosmosProject now, which contains a "C# Operating System" entry

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM, fdmomtaz <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi,

I installed the Visual Basic 2010 and i tried to install cosmosboot template on it. After installing the "CosmosUserKit.exe" file, which i have downloaded from http://cosmos.codeplex.com/, i can't find the cosmosboot under my templates in VS.

btw, im using windows 7 and i VS Professional 2010 with C# installed

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 22, 2011 at 4:26 AM

thanks but how should i run this?

i was trying to follow this YouTube tutorial but now when i try to run it, the visual studio comes up with an error and will lock up.

what should i do now? can you intruduce another tutorial to me please?

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2011 at 7:16 AM
Please be more specific: what error?

Running should be done by setting the .Cosmos project (with the cosmos logo) as startup project, and hit F5. You have VMware (workstation or player) installed?

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:27 AM, fdmomtaz <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

thanks but how should i run this?

i was trying to follow this YouTube tutorial but now when i try to run it, the visual studio comes up with an error and will lock up.

what should i do now? can you intruduce another tutorial to me please?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:40 AM

When i try to run the script it comes up with the following error:

"vwmare is not installed, probably going to crash now!"

but i have Oracle VM VirtualBox and Virtual PC installed on my PC. should i only have the vwmare?

btw, im really sorry im kind of new to Visual Studio and C#.

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2011 at 6:19 AM
like the message says, you need vmware. player is free though.

in the past, we bundled qemu (base of virtualbox) but some things are
emulated wrong, leading to severe issues with debugging etc..

On 3/23/11, fdmomtaz <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: fdmomtaz
>
> When i try to run the script it comes up with the following error:"vwmare is
> not installed, probably going to crash now!"but i have Oracle VM VirtualBox
> and Virtual PC installed on my PC. should i only have the vwmare?btw, im
> really sorry im kind of new to Visual Studio and C#.
>
>
Mar 24, 2011 at 3:39 AM

ok, thanks :)

btw, two questions.

first, before it was possible to make an ISO file so the OS was useable when it was booted up. how can i do that now?

second, before all the functions ,like shutting down, were available under "Cosmos" but how can i acsses them now?

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 8:43 AM
The ISO is still made, look into the build output directory...

Regarding shutting down: might not be available at all currently, we're working on a large rewrite of the kernel (parts are done already)..

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 4:39 AM, fdmomtaz <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

ok, thanks :)

btw, two questions.

first, before it was possible to make an ISO file so the OS was useable when it was booted up. how can i do that now?

second, before all the functions ,like shutting down, were available under "Cosmos" but how can i acsses them now?