VGA VESA SVGA graphic mode

May 1, 2011 at 9:23 PM

I read that you stop working at graphic mode. Could you tell me when them will  resume. What with support for VESA or SVGA (i this time working mode is 320...)?

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 7:24 AM
We didn't stop working on it, it's a matter of priorities....

Let me explain: the Milestone releases were pretty much proof-of-concepts. Now we're working on our real (and intended) drivermodel/kernelmodel. Doing this means we have to redo everything (well, many things can be largely copied, but you get the point). Obviously we have limited resources (we have our day jobs as well), so we have to focus one one particular thing at a time. We chose to work on Filesystem support (which includes ATA support as well).

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 10:23 PM, johniak <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I read that you stop working at graphic mode. Could you tell me when them will resume. What with support for VESA or SVGA (i this time working mode is 320...)?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 2, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I think that you chose the good way, but I think too that you should chek again il2cpu (or other application reponse for this), the casting from uint to double working differently as the original. I have problem with dividing, if my i have 2 int variables(foo=-10, bar=10)and i divide foo/bar then I gets the result ...(429496728). If you want I can write this in new topic.

Coordinator
May 3, 2011 at 7:09 AM
IL2CPU is our compiler. We know it has limitations, and after the coming release, we will be doing major work on it...

We definitely could use some help in this area ;-)

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 9:48 PM, johniak <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I think that you chose the good way, but I think too that you should chek again il2cpu (or other application reponse for this), the casting from uint to double working differently as the original. I have problem with dividing, if my i have 2 int variables(foo=-10, bar=10)and i divide foo/bar then I gets the result ...(429496728). If you want I can write this in new topic.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
May 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I'd be willing to work on a graphics library for Cosmos, but I can't seem to find the place in the code where it actually does the coloring of the screen, because atm, I can only get it to show a change in color where the cursor is. I'm using VMWare Workstation for this. If I knew where that location in the code was I could work on improving it and start to work on a graphics library for Cosmos.

Coordinator
May 4, 2011 at 4:43 PM
> I'd be willing to work on a graphics library for Cosmos, but I can't
> seem to find the place in the code where it actually does the coloring
> of the screen, because atm, I can only get it to show a change in color
> where the cursor is. I'm using VMWare Workstation for this. If I knew
> where that location in the code was I could work on improving it and
> start to work on a graphics library for Cosmos.

You would need to make a VGA driver first or update the older work.