How do you get mouse position as system.drawing.point in cosmos

Developer
May 8, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Im a noobie to cosmos a and would like to know how to get the mouse position as a system.drawing.point

May 12, 2011 at 3:50 PM

*facepalm*

mouse.x

mouse.y

they are int's

there you go

happy coding :P

Developer
May 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Typing

Console.Writeline(Mouse.x);
Console.Writeline(mouse.y);
Is not working to print the mouse coordinates on the screen

May 18, 2011 at 1:35 AM

One you cant just "Print"  integer , you have to convert it to a string first and second you have to write a mouse driver first

Developer
May 18, 2011 at 7:51 AM
Grunt wrote:

One you cant just "Print"  integer , you have to convert it to a string first and second you have to write a mouse driver first

Sorry I didnt make it clear enough im using the mouse driver in the Cosmos Source code but when i do

Mouse.Initialize();
Mouse.HandleMouse();

It doesn't work and then when I tried

Mouse.Initialize();
Mouse.mouse_cycle = 2;
Mouse.HandleMouse();

That doesn't work either.

Does anyone know how to use or have a code snippet of the Cosmos Mouse driver working.

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 7:54 AM
Which version of cosmos are you using, and which mouse driver?

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 8:51 AM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Grunt wrote:

One you cant just "Print" integer , you have to convert it to a string first and second you have to write a mouse driver first

Sorry I didnt make it clear enough im using the mouse driver in the Cosmos Source code but when i do

Mouse.Initialize();
Mouse.HandleMouse();

It doesn't work and then when I tried

Mouse.Initialize();
Mouse.mouse_cycle = 2;
Mouse.HandleMouse();

That doesn't work either.

Does anyone know how to use or have a code snippet of the Cosmos Mouse driver working.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
May 18, 2011 at 7:56 AM

71406 and using the Mouse.cs file uncommented in the Cosmos.Hardware folder.

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 7:58 AM
Ok, I guess the mouse driver is commented out for a reason: it's not working...

Did you do any changes to the code, or just complaining "hey, that code that's commented out doesn't actually work"?

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 8:56 AM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

71406 and using the Mouse.cs file uncommented in the Cosmos.Hardware folder.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
May 18, 2011 at 8:14 AM

I have seen other people do it and also seen it on the Cosmos Blog as a drawing OS. Therefore I thought it would work; there are some replies to the blog post but I cannot read them as they are not formatted. Link below

http://www.gocosmos.org/Blog/20090520.en.aspx

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM
The blogpost is 2 years old, which is a long time: since then, we've had massive changes, most notably the recent kernel work doing a complete rebuild..

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:14 AM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have seen other people do it and also seen it on the Cosmos Blog as a drawing OS. Therefore I thought it would work; there are some replies to the blog post but I cannot read them as they are not formatted. Link below

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 8:16 AM
Also, the code isn't formatted in the replies, but you have VS, so you can use that to format the code...

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Matthijs ter Woord <matthijsterwoord@gmail.com> wrote:
The blogpost is 2 years old, which is a long time: since then, we've had massive changes, most notably the recent kernel work doing a complete rebuild..

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:14 AM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Developer
May 18, 2011 at 8:17 AM

Is that why the mouse driver doesn't work; would I be better off using an old release.

Coordinator
May 18, 2011 at 8:28 AM
or investigate why the mouse sources you use now dont work, and try to fix it...

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:17 AM, melikesPCcheese <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Is that why the mouse driver doesn't work; would I be better off using an old release.