Tutorials for creating a Gui in cosmos?

May 20, 2011 at 5:33 AM

Hey guys by any chance are there some good tutorials for creating a GUI in cosmos? Thanks - Matt

Coordinator
May 20, 2011 at 7:39 AM
I don't think there any existing tutorials. Also keep in mind currently (latest release i think, and definitely the latest devkits) have VGA disabled.

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 6:33 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey guys by any chance are there some good tutorials for creating a GUI in cosmos? Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
May 22, 2011 at 3:56 AM

well, i can give you a few drawing functions, though mterwoord is correct, graphics don't (quite) work (it does make the screen rather colorful XD) in the trunk version.

Developer
May 22, 2011 at 11:35 PM

After exploring it a bit, i have noticed that, in fact, the graphics do work. (Well they do in QEMU running on Ubuntu Linux :P (No, I didn't build the iso on the same computer, it's hosting a samba share, which i'm building the iso to directly, and running qemu directly from) )

May 23, 2011 at 7:05 AM

I have a dream. That, one day, we can drew the GUI in the Windows using XAML and then complie it into Cosmos. :)

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 7:11 AM
That's exactly (one of) the plan(s), however, there is a HUGE SHITLOAD of work to be done before that, which is what currently being done..

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:05 AM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I have a dream. That, one day, we can drew the GUI in the Windows using XAML and then complie it into Cosmos. :)

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 23, 2011 at 7:14 AM

OK. I wake up now. haha

:)

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 7:20 AM
One extra comment: Problem we constantly face is the limited amount of resources (read: developers/contributors). All cosmos developers have day jobs, (or at least some kind of other activity with a higher priority than Cosmos) and obviously that often takes precedence over Cosmos.

Due to that limited amount of developers, we have to prioritize things: FS support first, instead of vga (because making a usable VGA thing is HUGE, i guess..), etc..

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 8:14 AM, hundre <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

OK. I wake up now. haha

:)

May 23, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Yes. obviously this is a huge project. And I think it is must not easily for Cosmos from beginning till now. It has been last more than three years.

Hope Cosmso gets better and better.

Developer
May 23, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Well, as part of my gui project, I am working on making the equivelent of the WinForms framework available in Cosmos. (It will also include a window manager, that way I can minimize (and maximize) windows much easier.