Boot From Physicial Disc

May 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Hi,

I have made my gui os Super Byte as some of you my of heard before. I can run the iso in virtual pc 2007 but even when i extract and burn to a real disc put it in my computer change bios boot order and restart it shows windows so can someone help with that ? and also when i compile to a usb i gives me a directory not found error . The usb is fat32.

By the way great project i love the idea and the project it self.

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 11:04 AM
You miss the boot block then. You shouldn't extract the iso, but burn the iso directly

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM, SuperByte <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have made my gui os Super Byte as some of you my of heard before. I can run the iso in virtual pc 2007 but even when i extract and burn to a real disc put it in my computer change bios boot order and restart it shows windows so can someone help with that ? and also when i compile to a usb i gives me a directory not found error . The usb is fat32.

By the way great project i love the idea and the project it self.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 23, 2011 at 12:27 PM

ill try

May 23, 2011 at 12:36 PM

i keep getting the error when i write to usb The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. and that it can not find directory. btw way burning to disk fails

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 12:39 PM
wait, are you trying to burn to cd?

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 1:36 PM, SuperByte <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

i keep getting the error when i write to usb The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. and that it can not find directory. btw way burning to disk fails

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
May 23, 2011 at 3:30 PM
> i keep getting the error when i write to usb The process cannot access
> the file because it is being used by another process. and that it can

You have to run as admin to do USB.
May 24, 2011 at 12:09 PM

im trying to burn to cd too

May 24, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Edited May 24, 2011 at 12:15 PM

failed