Real Boot

Jun 18, 2011 at 7:23 AM

How do you do a real boot from a usb. When I try to compile to a usb using MS4 it gives me the error that it can not find part of the path.

Jun 18, 2011 at 8:36 AM

I agree with what superbyte is saying, it is more efficient to boot from a usb than a cd, we would use a usb but MS4 does not support that feature, or it has a glitch. Is there another way? Thanks Yours Truly - Matt

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2011 at 9:08 AM
Upgrade to latest release, should work.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I agree with what superbyte is saying, it is more efficient to boot from a usb than a cd, we would use a usb but MS4 does not support that feature, or it has a glitch. Is there another way? Thanks Yours Truly - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Anyway in MS4?

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2011 at 10:38 AM
burn the ISO to cd. not do any weird fumbling with the files within.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:36 AM, superbyte <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Anyway in MS4?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 18, 2011 at 10:46 AM
is there anyway i can write it a harddrive/usb

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 7:38 PM, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Anyway in MS4?

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Have a look in the isntall dir ,there should be a syslinux.exe somewhere, iirc that's for adding bootloader code to a drive. other option is dive into the code..

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:46 AM, SuperByte <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Anyway in MS4?

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM
i will have a look thanks

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 7:57 PM, mterwoord <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Have a look in the isntall dir ,there should be a syslinux.exe somewhere, iirc that's for adding bootloader code to a drive. other option is dive into the code..

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:46 AM, SuperByte <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Anyway in MS4?

--
---------------------------
Jacksen Kline
Super Byte

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I figured it out, I'll write a tutorial on it, the basics are you need to have a program make a bootloader or bootstrap or something, off the top of my head. But anyway if you do what I say in the tutorial you can USB boot in and MS4 or MS5 or MS3 any it wont make a difference. Yours Truly - Matt

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I figured it out, I'll write a tutorial on it, the basics are you need to have a program make a bootloader or bootstrap or something, off the top of my head. But anyway if you do what I say in the tutorial you can USB boot in and MS4 or MS5 or MS3 any it wont make a difference. Yours Truly - Matt