Simple file manager

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to make a file manager and word processor (simple) capable of reading, writing, and viewing files, but no C# seems to work since they need windows dlls and stuff :(.

Is there a script out there for a word processor and file manager that works with COSMOS?

I really need this :)

Thanks in advance,

HamstaQ

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:34 PM

First of all are you talking about a virtual file system or a physical file system? Second what realse of COSMOS are you using?

Jun 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I am using VMWare with the latest release of milestone 4 (I use Visual Studio 2008).

Jun 24, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Hmm, you didnt seem to understand my first question...are you talking about a file system that would exist inside of RAM or one that exists on a floppy drive, CD-ROM, HDD, etc...

Jun 24, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Oh... I want to write/read via HDD (for permanent files)

Jun 25, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Not possible to write in MS4, and very crude reading (ext2). Sorry, you should probably look into making a RamDisk or Initrd.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Blackfireize: Virtual Filesystem doesn't say anything about where the files are stored (cd, ram, hdd, etc). It's the name of an abstraction layer. Please readup on internet about that...

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 9:34 PM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

First of all are you talking about a virtual file system or a physical file system? Second what realse of COSMOS are you using?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:49 PM

See thats why in my later post, I said RamDisk. I mispoke earlier, and frequently get the two confused. Sorry!