$elling

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Hi guys,

Would I be allowed to sell my os if I compiled with cosmos?

Thanks,Super Byte

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM

No.

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM
iprocessor: any explanation about that? My understanding (IANAL) is that it's possible, with proper attribution. Chad's the best one to answer this question, though...

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 5:23 PM, iprocessor <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

No.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:01 PM
Edited Jul 6, 2011 at 5:02 PM

well, since cosmos is free to use im sure the devs would want your operating systems to be free to use, im sure if superbyte wrote his own kernel he could sell it. on a side note, can someone help me with using ext2 filesystem... id like to experiment around with it

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Regarding the licensing, i'm waiting for someone else to answer. Regarding the ext2 question: please dont hijack this thread...

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM, iprocessor <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

well, since cosmos is free to use im sure the devs would want your operating systems to be free to use, im sure if superbyte wrote his own kernel he could sell it. on a side note, can someone help me with using ext2 filesystem... id like to expiriment around with it

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jul 6, 2011 at 8:12 PM
On 7/6/2011 11:45 AM, mterwoord wrote:
> iprocessor: any explanation about that? My understanding (IANAL) is that
> it's possible, with proper attribution. Chad's the best one to answer
> this question, though...

Yes its possible. OSes built with Cosmos can be sold.
Jul 7, 2011 at 1:44 AM
Thank you Kudzu

On 07/07/2011, at 5:13 AM, "kudzu" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

On 7/6/2011 11:45 AM, mterwoord wrote:
> iprocessor: any explanation about that? My understanding (IANAL) is that
> it's possible, with proper attribution. Chad's the best one to answer
> this question, though...

Yes its possible. OSes built with Cosmos can be sold.