This project is read-only.

DevKit install

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I used Install.bat, and when it opened VS2010, and tried to build the solution these errors occurred:

Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) Cosmos.VS.Package

Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) Cosmos.VS.Windows

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Do you get any errors during install.bat?
(please look very carefully, as not all errors are colored).

Also, did it launch an installer before starting VS?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:36 PM, farlepet <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: farlepet

I used Install.bat, and when it opened VS2010, and tried to build the solution these errors occurred:

Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) Cosmos.VS.Package

Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) Cosmos.VS.Windows

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 19, 2011 at 4:42 PM

I dont know, i closed it when it said i could now close it, and an installer did launch.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:45 PM
then rerun install.bat and this time dont close it, but first look carfully


On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:43 PM, farlepet <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: farlepet

I dont know, i closed it when it said i could now close it, and an installer did launch.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 19, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Yes there are,  it said 2 errors, and i noticed they were colored. and it does contain obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest in the error....

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:50 PM
please copy exact error messages to this thread. also look for other issues....


On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM, farlepet <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: farlepet

Yes there are, it said 2 errors, and i noticed they were colored. and it does contain obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest in the error....

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 19, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Ok here they Are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj]

Build FAILED.
       "C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\       cosmos-80896\source\Cosmos.sln" (default target) (1) ->       "C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\       cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Windows\Cosmos.VS.Windows.csproj" (d       efault target) (28) ->       (GetVsixDeploymentPath target) ->         C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Micr       osoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manife       st file "obj\Release\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the        path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\Users\farlepet       \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\cosmos-80896\sourc       e2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Windows\Cosmos.VS.Windows.csproj]

       "C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\       cosmos-80896\source\Cosmos.sln" (default target) (1) ->       "C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\       cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj" (d       efault target) (15) ->         C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Micr       osoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manife       st file "obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find t       he path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\Users\farlep       et\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\cosmos-80896\sou       rce2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj]

 

I'm currently looking for more.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:54 PM

It also says its skipping a lot of things.

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:55 PM
Try to instlal from a "normal" path. ie, somewhat less deep..

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:53 PM, farlepet <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: farlepet

Ok here they Are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj]

Build FAILED.
"C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\ cosmos-80896\source\Cosmos.sln" (default target) (1) -> "C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\ cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Windows\Cosmos.VS.Windows.csproj" (d efault target) (28) -> (GetVsixDeploymentPath target) -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Micr osoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manife st file "obj\Release\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\Users\farlepet \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\cosmos-80896\sourc e2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Windows\Cosmos.VS.Windows.csproj]

"C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\ cosmos-80896\source\Cosmos.sln" (default target) (1) -> "C:\Users\farlepet\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\ cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj" (d efault target) (15) -> C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Micr osoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manife st file "obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find t he path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\Users\farlep et\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\12.0.742.122\cosmos-80896\sou rce2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj]

I'm currently looking for more.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 19, 2011 at 4:55 PM
what's it skipping?

We use solution configurations to skip projects we dont want to build while bootstrapping (compiling compiler, vs packages, etc).


On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:54 PM, farlepet <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: farlepet

It also says its skipping a lot of things.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jul 19, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Re-done with shorter path:

   CreateVsixContainer:

     Creating VSIX Container... 

Cosmos.VS.Package -> C:\cosmos-80896\Build\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package.vsix15>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manifest    file "obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the  path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj

 

"C:\cosmos-80896\source\Cosmos.sln" (default target) (1) ->"C:\cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Windows\Cosmos.VS.Windows.csproj" (default target) (28) ->(GetVsixDeploymentPath target) ->  C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\Release\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Windows\Cosmos.VS.Windows.csproj]

"C:\cosmos-80896\source\Cosmos.sln" (default target) (1) ->"C:\cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj" (default target) (15) ->  C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\VSSDK\Microsoft.VsSDK.targets(378,5): error : Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\x86\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) [C:\cosmos-80896\source2\VSIP\Cosmos.VS.Package\Cosmos.VS.Package.csproj]

 

there are also 12 warnings

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Its Skipping making the zip files, and a lot of targets.

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:20 PM
On 7/19/2011 12:06 PM, farlepet wrote:
> From: farlepet
>
> Its Skipping making the zip files, and a lot of targets.

Do you have the VS SDK with SP1 installed? And the Inno Quick Pack?
Jul 19, 2011 at 8:46 PM

yes, i do, and Inno Setup version 5.4.2.

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:16 PM
> yes, i do, and Inno Setup version 5.4.2.

Its not Inno that you need, its Inno Quick Pack.
Jul 19, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I could never find something with that exact title, could you give me a link?

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:31 PM
> I could never find something with that exact title, could you give me a
> link?

Google:
inno quick pack

first link...
Jul 19, 2011 at 11:35 PM

the quickstart pack?

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM
> the quickstart pack?

Yes
Jul 19, 2011 at 11:41 PM

It got rid of the Warnings, but there are still the same  2 errors.

Jul 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM

And now visual studio has only this Error:

Error 1 Error trying to read the VSIX manifest file "obj\Debug\extension.vsixmanifest". The system cannot find the path specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070003) Cosmos.VS.Windows

And no warnings.