This project is read-only.

Argument out of range?

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Hello , I am making a Virtual File system. I am using a byte[] Array to store data and it works just great. But I keep on getting a message that says 'Argument out of Range'.  I think that it might happen if i try to convert a a int over 255 to a byte or something but I am not sure. If anyone knows what this means please help!

Jul 29, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Also I found out that this code causes it

public Int32 ReadInt32(int Address)
        {
            Console.WriteLine(Address.ToString());
            int a = BitConverter.ToInt32(FS, Address);
            Console.WriteLine(a.ToString());
            return a;
        }

Jul 30, 2011 at 10:20 AM
what's Address, and what's the length of FS?

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 12:26 AM, Grunt <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Also I found out that this code causes it

public Int32 ReadInt32(int Address)
        {
            Console.WriteLine(Address.ToString());
            int a = BitConverter.ToInt32(FS, Address);
            Console.WriteLine(a.ToString());
            return a;
        }

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:10 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM

The parameter Address was about  0 -  1000 when I was testing. The size of the byte[] Array FS is 64000

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:15 PM
are you able to reproduce with a simple 3-line kernel?

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Grunt <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

The parameter Address is use 0 - about 1000 when I was testing. The size of the byte[] Array FS is 64000

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 30, 2011 at 5:36 PM

What???

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:57 AM
you have a full kernel which has an issue. it would be of great help to us(dev team) if you are able to make a small kernel which does nothing more than show the error, and remove all unneccessary stuff....

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Grunt <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What???

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I am using the old MS 4 , so I think you guys probably already fixed it