System.Bitmap in cosmOS

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Hi. Can I use System.Bitmap class in C# cosmOS kernel? I have this code:

// Create a Bitmap object from an image file.
    Bitmap myBitmap = new Bitmap("Grapes.jpg");

// Get the color of a pixel within myBitmap.
    Color pixelColor = myBitmap.GetPixel(50, 50);
And I need to use it in cosmOS. Can I do it?

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Well yes and no. there is a program to convert bmps and pngs to vgascreen code which I am a dev of but u cant use the above code

On Aug 6, 2011 2:22 PM, "Redge" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi. Can I use System.Bitmap class in C# cosmOS kernel? I have this code:

// Create a Bitmap object from an image file.
    Bitmap myBitmap = new Bitmap("Grapes.jpg");

// Get the color of a pixel within myBitmap.
    Color pixelColor = myBitmap.GetPixel(50, 50);
And I need to use it in cosmOS. Can I do it?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Aug 6, 2011 at 7:45 PM

btw, iProcessor, the current version of that doesn't work, it will just display the entire screen the last color you read :P (At least, if I understand the function of the palette correctly :P), If it's really needed, I could make one that works :P

Currently what your wanting to do in the code there isn't possible, due to the fact the filesystem doesn't currently work. (Also, My support of images probably won't fully work until after the compiler re-work)

Aug 7, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Well, the current public version is working fine and we are working to reduce the code outputted

On Aug 6, 2011 3:45 PM, "blah38621" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

btw, iProcessor, the current version of that doesn't work, it will just display the entire screen the last color you read :P (At least, if I understand the function of the palette correctly :P), If it's really needed, I could make one that works :P

Currently what your wanting to do in the code there isn't possible, due to the fact the filesystem doesn't currently work. (Also, My support of images probably won't fully work until after the compiler re-work)

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@di...

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:26 AM

And when will be it avable?

Aug 7, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Im not sure but possibly today or tomorrow

On Aug 7, 2011 3:26 AM, "Redge" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

And when will be it avable?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receivi...

Aug 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM

And than will I have to reintsall something, or what I must do to actualize my version?

Aug 7, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Uh my program is stand alone u dont have to install it

On Aug 7, 2011 9:24 AM, "Redge" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

And than will I have to reintsall something, or what I must do to actualize my version?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will...

Aug 7, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Im puzzled. So will it works or it will be in next version?

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:02 PM

My program is not a part of cosmos. U can download it on a different site. It makes code for cosmos.

On Aug 7, 2011 10:49 AM, "Redge" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Im puzzled. So will it works or it will be in next version?

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:10 PM

What is that site? Please paste it here...

Aug 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I will after I clean it up a bit

On Aug 7, 2011 1:11 PM, "Redge" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

What is that site? Please paste it here...

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:21 AM
Edited Aug 17, 2011 at 9:28 AM

this is the link http://cosmosconverter.codeplex.com/ but the latest release isnt complete, just a warning, it still works but not good for big images (otherwise ur run out of ram at compiling)