Great Tutorials For All Cosmos Developers? (Tutorials Updated!)

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Hey Cosmos. Well I will not have Pear Os open source because its quite advanced and it was not supposed to be open source. But instead I am writing tutorials for everybody who wants to make a OS as advanced as Pear or want to know extra info now one has released to the public. So the site is: www.cosmosdev.cwahi.net Ignore the notice on the home page, we would like if you use our code to give us credit but it is not needed. Enjoy! They go into deep discussion and are updated all the time so check them out. Yours Truly - Matt

P.S. All code in the tutorials is code in Pear and not Super Byte. So didn't want to confuse anyone.

THESE ARE GREAT FOR BEGINNERS 

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:49 PM

This is awesome thank you for the tutorials.

I was just getting into drawing shapes and such with the VGA screen and really like the way you were implementing images / text etc.

Donated $2 to the cause keep it up and I encourage everyone to donate that uses this code!

Aug 12, 2011 at 7:16 PM
jburch wrote:

This is awesome thank you for the tutorials.

I was just getting into drawing shapes and such with the VGA screen and really like the way you were implementing images / text etc.

Donated $2 to the cause keep it up and I encourage everyone to donate that uses this code!

Thank you for the donation. I really appreciate it. Glad I could help this is something I really love to do. I will keep updating them and adding in more deep discussion on some of the harder topics. I'm self taught and it just goes to show you that anyone can program if they have the desire.  I'm thirteen years old and have been doing this since I was ten.  I'm framing one of your dollars to hang on the wall as it is the first time I've received money for my programming.  I'm hoping to make some sort of a career out of working with computers. Thanks - Matt

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Matt ... for 13 that is amazing  I was reading your tutorials and they seem very well done.

I like the fact that you don't assume everyone knows everything and just post all the code.

Keep it up and you'll definitely find a job in computers and programming.

Jason

Developer
Aug 13, 2011 at 2:04 AM
Edited Aug 13, 2011 at 2:10 AM

If you wanted code to draw shapes, look in the Image class in Orvid.Graphics, It's even able to draw Convex Polygons, (might be able to draw concave ones, I've not tested to be certain :P)

Also, might I suggest you get a different host? Because my router is blocking the site for a low security code, and my router is very picky about what site's it blocks. Perhaps use something like 007sites.com, in combination with co.cc.

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:12 AM
jburch wrote:

Matt ... for 13 that is amazing  I was reading your tutorials and they seem very well done.

I like the fact that you don't assume everyone knows everything and just post all the code.

Keep it up and you'll definitely find a job in computers and programming.

Jason

Thanks Jason. I try to go into deep discussion and share my theory's with the people reading them. I'll make them better. In fact I am updating them now. Thank you, I hope I do find a job in computer programming. Ah thanks, the reason why I do that is because not everyone knows how something works (from experience) so instead of giving them Pear Os Source and saying have a good day, I am going into discussion on what it does and what makes up it and how to build something similar and better. Thanks - Matt 

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:14 AM
blah38621 wrote:

If you wanted code to draw shapes, look in the Image class in Orvid.Graphics, It's even able to draw Convex Polygons, (might be able to draw concave ones, I've not tested to be certain :P)

Also, might I suggest you get a different host? Because my router is blocking the site for a low security code, and my router is very picky about what site's it blocks. Perhaps use something like 007sites.com, in combination with co.cc.

Hmm interesting blah386321, Ill see if I can fix that for you. Thanks - Matt

Aug 14, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I checked out your website, the tutorials are nice. But, You kinda used my code for the RamDisk without citing me as the author (I noticed small changes, but the code still bears my design) :/

Aug 14, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Blackfireize,
When we tested you ramdisk it did not work at all so we rewrote it all it may seem a bit like yours because its based on that.So technically it is not your code.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:32 AM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I checked out your website, the tutorials are nice. But, You kinda used my code for the RamDisk without citing me as the author (I noticed small changes, but the code still bears my design) :/

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
---------------------------
Jacksen Kline
Super Byte

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011 at 10:00 PM
> When we tested you ramdisk it did not work at all so we rewrote it all
> it may seem a bit like yours because its based on that.So technically it
> is not your code.

If its based on other code, it is partially his code and attribution is
standard.
Aug 14, 2011 at 10:04 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2011 at 10:05 PM
SuperByte wrote:
Blackfireize,
When we tested you ramdisk it did not work at all so we rewrote it all it may seem a bit like yours because its based on that.So technically it is not your code.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:32 AM, blackfireize <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I checked out your website, the tutorials are nice. But, You kinda used my code for the RamDisk without citing me as the author (I noticed small changes, but the code still bears my design) :/

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Jacksen Kline
Super Byte

Don't lie to me. I can show you my original code in the forum, its exactly the same with only about 30 lines you "changed", you didn't even change my comments or variable names. Its still my code (to some degree ;).

Aug 14, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Maybe I'm getting a little too worked up over this, If you don't want to cite me for original design, I can't make you. :)

Developer
Aug 14, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM

If only a few lines are changed, it's still considered your code.

If it was used as a reference when creating it, then it isn't. (Though it's still polite to cite the reference.)

If it's based on it however, that implies that your implementation was used as a base, and modified from there, if that's the case, then it's still considered your code (In the eyes of the law, it would be considered a Derived Work), and falls under whatever license you wish to put it under. (A license can be added even after it's been used, and the user of the code can be held liable for infringing on the license, provided there was some implication of a license. (Posting the code and asking for help with it does imply a license. Posting the code and saying it's free for use by anyone does not imply a license, and the user couldn't be held liable) That only applies to code where no license is given, or implied. Changing the license in that situation however, would have no effect, and the user of the code can't be held liable, so long as they abode by the original license)

Aug 15, 2011 at 7:55 AM
We will add credit for you.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:23 AM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

If only a few lines are changed, it's still considered your code.

If it was used as a reference when creating it, then it isn't.

If it's based on it however, that implies that your implementation was used as a base, and modified from there, if that's the case, then it's still considered your code (In the eyes of the law, it would be considered a Derived Work), and falls under whatever license you wish to put it under. (A license can be added even after it's been used, and the user of the code can be held liable for infringing on the license, provided there was some implication of a license. (Posting the code and asking for help with it does imply a license. Posting the code and saying it's free for use by anyone does not imply a license, and the user couldn't be held liable) That only applies to code where no license is given, or implied. Changing the license in that situation however, would have no effect, and the user of the code can't be held liable, so long as they abode by the original license)

--
Jacksen Kline
Super Byte