Problem building cosmos

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I went to build my OS, The builder started up and I didn't change anything and just clicked build.  It gave me a list of errors.

The code I used is like this.

 

using System;

using Cosmos.Compiler.Builder;
namespace CosmosBoot3

{   

class Program   

{       

#region Cosmos Builder logic       

// Most users wont touch this. This will call the Cosmos Build tool       

[STAThread]       

static void Main(string[] args)       

{           

BuildUI.Run();       

}       

#endregion
        // Main entry point of the kernel       

public static string user = "User";       

public static string path = "Y:/";       

public static void Init()       

{           

var xBoot = new Cosmos.Sys.Boot();           

xBoot.Execute();           

Cosmos.Kernel.CPU.Init();           

Console.WriteLine("Welcome to the MyOS");           

while (true)           

{               

Console.Write(path);               

Console.Write(">");               

string command = Console.ReadLine();               

if (command.ToLower() == "user")               

{                   

Console.WriteLine(user);               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "dir")               

{                   

Console.WriteLine(path);               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "beep")               

{                   

Console.Beep();               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "clear")               

{                   

Console.Clear();               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "user= ")               

{                   

user = command.Substring(6);               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "dir= ")               

{                   

path = command.Substring(5);               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "commands")               

{                   

Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.Black;                   

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Green;                   

Console.WriteLine("*******************************");                   

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red;                   

Console.WriteLine("          Commands");                   

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Green;                   

Console.WriteLine("*******************************");                   

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Blue;                   

Console.WriteLine("commands   - lists the commands");                   

Console.WriteLine("about      - shows details");                   

Console.WriteLine("clear      - clears the console");                   

Console.WriteLine("beep       - makes a beep noise");                   

Console.WriteLine("dir        - shows a directory");                   

Console.WriteLine("user       - shows the user");                   

Console.WriteLine("user=      - changes the user");                   

Console.WriteLine("dir=       - changes the directory");                   

Console.WriteLine("Shutdown   - Shuts Down");                   

Console.WriteLine("restart    - Restarts the OS");                   

Console.WriteLine("clear      - Clears the Console");               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "about")               

{                   

Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red;                   

Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.Blue;                   

Console.WriteLine("       Kernel = Cosmos");                   

Console.WriteLine("  Company = Superior Software");                   

Console.WriteLine("Lead Programmer = Dean Lawrence");                   

Console.WriteLine("       Version = 0.0.1");               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "shutdown")               

{                   

Console.WriteLine("Press any key to shutdown...");                   

Console.Read();                   

Cosmos.Sys.Deboot.ShutDown();               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "restart")               

{                   

Console.WriteLine("Press any key to restart...");                   

Console.Read();                   

Cosmos.Sys.Deboot.Reboot();               

}               

if (command.ToLower() == "clear")               

{                   

Console.Clear();               

}           

}       

}   

}

}

 

 

it gave me a list of errors that were like this.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Cosmos.Debug.Debugger' from assembly 'Cosmos.Kernel, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983'.

Then it used a lot of at's like at system.Reflection.CustomAttribute._GetPropertyOfFeildData blah blah blah.

please help!!!

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2011 at 9:42 AM
What cosmos version are you using?

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 8:38 PM, repulverized <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: repulverized

I went to build my OS, The builder started up and I didn't change anything and just clicked build. It gave me a list of errors.

The code I used is like this.

using System;

using Cosmos.Compiler.Builder;
namespace CosmosBoot3

{

class Program

{

#region Cosmos Builder logic

// Most users wont touch this. This will call the Cosmos Build tool

[STAThread]

static void Main(string[] args)

{

BuildUI.Run();

}

#endregion
// Main entry point of the kernel

public static string user = "User";

public static string path = "Y:/";

public static void Init()

{

var xBoot = new Cosmos.Sys.Boot();

xBoot.Execute();

Cosmos.Kernel.CPU.Init();

Console.WriteLine("Welcome to the MyOS");

while (true)

{

Console.Write(path);

Console.Write(">");

string command = Console.ReadLine();

if (command.ToLower() == "user")

{

Console.WriteLine(user);

}

if (command.ToLower() == "dir")

{

Console.WriteLine(path);

}

if (command.ToLower() == "beep")

{

Console.Beep();

}

if (command.ToLower() == "clear")

{

Console.Clear();

}

if (command.ToLower() == "user= ")

{

user = command.Substring(6);

}

if (command.ToLower() == "dir= ")

{

path = command.Substring(5);

}

if (command.ToLower() == "commands")

{

Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.Black;

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Green;

Console.WriteLine("*******************************");

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red;

Console.WriteLine(" Commands");

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Green;

Console.WriteLine("*******************************");

Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Blue;

Console.WriteLine("commands - lists the commands");

Console.WriteLine("about - shows details");

Console.WriteLine("clear - clears the console");

Console.WriteLine("beep - makes a beep noise");

Console.WriteLine("dir - shows a directory");

Console.WriteLine("user - shows the user");

Console.WriteLine("user= - changes the user");

Console.WriteLine("dir= - changes the directory");

Console.WriteLine("Shutdown - Shuts Down");

Console.WriteLine("restart - Restarts the OS");

Console.WriteLine("clear - Clears the Console");

}

if (command.ToLower() == "about")

{

Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red;

Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.Blue;

Console.WriteLine(" Kernel = Cosmos");

Console.WriteLine(" Company = Superior Software");

Console.WriteLine("Lead Programmer = Dean Lawrence");

Console.WriteLine(" Version = 0.0.1");

}

if (command.ToLower() == "shutdown")

{

Console.WriteLine("Press any key to shutdown...");

Console.Read();

Cosmos.Sys.Deboot.ShutDown();

}

if (command.ToLower() == "restart")

{

Console.WriteLine("Press any key to restart...");

Console.Read();

Cosmos.Sys.Deboot.Reboot();

}

if (command.ToLower() == "clear")

{

Console.Clear();

}

}

}

}

}

it gave me a list of errors that were like this.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Cosmos.Debug.Debugger' from assembly 'Cosmos.Kernel, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ae71220097cb983'.

Then it used a lot of at's like at system.Reflection.CustomAttribute._GetPropertyOfFeildData blah blah blah.

please help!!!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Aug 29, 2011 at 2:30 AM

I'm using milestone 4. from 2009.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 2:34 AM
> I'm using milestone 4. from 2009.

Which is very old, and minimally supported.
Aug 29, 2011 at 2:55 AM

I only have VS 2008.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 2:56 AM
> I only have VS 2008.

VS 2010 Express is Free.
Aug 29, 2011 at 3:07 AM

I downloaded it but when I went to install the newest cosmos it said I didn't have vs 2010 installed

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2011 at 3:26 AM
> I downloaded it but when I went to install the newest cosmos it said I
> didn't have vs 2010 installed

For express you need some other things too, see the release notes.
Nov 22, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Where can I find the release notes?

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 9:28 PM
Most of them are on Codeplex under the releases.

On 11/22/2011 5:26 PM, repulverized wrote:
> From: repulverized
>
> Where can I find the release notes?
>
> Read the full discussion online
> <http://cosmos.codeplex.com/discussions/270639#post701992>.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed]
> <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[Cosmos:270639]>)
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed] <mailto:[email removed]>
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion
> on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings
> <https://cosmos.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on
> codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any
> posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
>
Nov 22, 2011 at 10:48 PM

And where is that?

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Codeplex, source, release?

On 11/22/2011 6:48 PM, repulverized wrote:
> From: repulverized
>
> And where is that?
>
> Read the full discussion online
> <http://cosmos.codeplex.com/discussions/270639#post702031>.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed]
> <mailto:[email removed]?subject=[Cosmos:270639]>)
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed] <mailto:[email removed]>
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion
> on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings
> <https://cosmos.codeplex.com/subscriptions/thread/project/edit> on
> codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any
> posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
>
Nov 23, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Can you just put up a link please?

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 1:14 AM
Sorry its downloads, not source.

On 11/22/2011 9:07 PM, repulverized wrote:
> Can you just put up a link please?

No - users need to help themselves a little bit at least.. I gave you
pointers which you can find what you need in a few clicks....
Nov 23, 2011 at 1:35 AM

The release notes did not help.  It did not tell me about anything extra i needed to run Express.

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 1:37 AM
> The release notes did not help. It did not tell me about anything extra
> i needed to run Express.

Matthijs is the one who can describe how Express works.
Nov 23, 2011 at 1:45 AM

And where can I find him?

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 1:48 AM
> And where can I find him?

Hopefully he will chime in here tomorrow EU time but you can also try on
the yahoo mail list.
Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 7:57 AM
Release notes, bold text is what you need:
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:49 AM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: kudzu

> And where can I find him?

Hopefully he will chime in here tomorrow EU time but you can also try on
the yahoo mail list.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com