This project is read-only.

Help.

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:44 AM

Hey guys I have tried time after time to compile the source code. And I jave not been successful. And I dont want to try to fix it as my internet is slow and its too big of a hasle. Can somebody please compile it and send me the installer via email: civilwarrock@yahoo.com or upload it somewhere? Because without it I am kind of stuck. Thanks - Matt

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Matt, what did you try and what did you get?

You have the innosetup quickstart pack installed? (please re-verify, as most common error is having the normal innosetup installed)
Have a careful look at the output of install.bat, it gives you a clue..

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 5:44 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey guys I have tried time after time to compile the source code. And I jave not been successful. And I dont want to try to fix it as my internet is slow and its too big of a hasle. Can somebody please compile it and send me the installer via email: civilwarrock@yahoo.com or upload it somewhere? Because without it I am kind of stuck. Thanks - Matt

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Ok so here is what I did and have installed on my pc. I have Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Exspress Edition  and Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition 

And Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition And Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express Edition. I downloaded the current release and innosetup quickstart pack installed. I also installed Visual Studio SDK. But I could not install Visual Studio IntShell as it said I was missing a few requirments. So then I ran the install.bat and it gave me a few red lines but overall I was good to go. It finished and opened Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition and vb said it did not support that project. So I opened it up with VC# and it alowed the prject but said a few things could not be displayed. When the project was finally open I hit build and it just said it did not know where to start or something. So now I am stuck. I would really rather someone give me a installer for the current build so I dont have to spend to much time fixing this. Thanks - Matt

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:24 PM
If you only have express editions, you cannot install Visual Studio SDK..
What red lines? red lines for sure are errors..

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:17 PM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok so here is what I did and have installed on my pc. I have Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Exspress Edition and Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition

And Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition And Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express Edition. I downloaded the current release and innosetup quickstart pack installed. I also installed Visual Studio SDK. But I could not install Visual Studio IntShell as it said I was missing a few requirments. So then I ran the install.bat and it gave me a few red lines but overall I was good to go. It finished and opened Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition and vb said it did not support that project. So I opened it up with VC# and it alowed the prject but said a few things could not be displayed. When the project was finally open I hit build and it just said it did not know where to start or something. So now I am stuck. I would really rather someone give me a installer for the current build so I dont have to spend to much time fixing this. Thanks - Matt

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:27 PM

There was a few like maybe two or three red lines. My question now is what version of Vsual C# or Visual Basic do I need so I can compile the current build succesfully and continue work on my os. Thanks - Matt

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:46 PM
You need one of the paid versions of Visual Studio to build the devkit.

It would help if you would include the error lines..

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 6:27 PM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

There was a few like maybe two or three red lines. My question now is what version of Vsual C# or Visual Basic do I need so I can compile the current build succesfully and continue work on my os. Thanks - Matt

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Edited Oct 5, 2011 at 7:42 PM

You don't need a paid version to build the devkit, you need the VS Isolated shell, not integrated shell. The Integrated shell does require a paid edition of Visual Studio to install, which is why it didn't install. You need the Isolated shell. You will compile the kernel itself in VC# Express, and you'll run the build for the OS in the Isolated shell. (The kernel is the C# project, the OS itself is the .cosmos project)

(We really need to create a web-installer that will pull the VS Isolated shell, Inno QuickStart pack, and the latest source from the repository and build it at some point :P)

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Isolated shell??
No way, integrated shell does NOT require a paid edition of visual studio to install.

I really are curious how this works, as it sounds like you somehow use parts of an old release and part of a devkit (which is a very bad idea)..

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

You don't need a paid version to build the devkit, you need the VS Isolated shell, not integrated shell. The Integrated shell does require a paid edition of Visual Studio to install, which is why it didn't install. You need the Isolated shell. You will compile the kernel itself in VC# Express, and you'll run the build for the OS in the Isolated shell. (The kernel is the C# project, the OS itself is the .cosmos project)

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:28 PM

There is both an Integrated and an Isolated shell, the Isolated shell is what you want for Cosmos.

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:32 PM
definitely not: we want it to be integrated, as we need the debugger, etc..
integrated works if you have expresds edition as well.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

There is both an Integrated and an Isolated shell, the Isolated shell is what you want for Cosmos.

Oct 6, 2011 at 4:33 PM
using isolated shell would mean that you can NEVER have a single solution containing both the .csproj and the .cosmos file, which is what we have currently (and what we want to keep in the future), but works for vs std up, for express users they'll have to have 2 separate solutions

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM, Matthijs ter Woord <matthijsterwoord@gmail.com> wrote:
definitely not: we want it to be integrated, as we need the debugger, etc..
integrated works if you have expresds edition as well.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote: