This project is read-only.

How to load/run programs?

Oct 5, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Hello,

I've recently started to write my own OS with COSMOS. The first problem I've encountered is how to load and run programs.

At the moment, we have two ideas: Writing in Assembler a compiler (which would probably blast up our time table) or writing a Basic-interpreter.

Are there any other ideas, maybe so that we can load/run C#-programs.

with best regards

admonitor

Oct 5, 2011 at 9:52 AM
At some point we will support dynamic loading, but that's a bit off. For now, best thing to do is to just put everything in 1 kernel..

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:28 AM, admonitor <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello,

I've recently started to write my own OS with COSMOS. The first problem I've encountered is how to load and run programs.

At the moment, we have two ideas: Writing in Assembler a compiler (which would probably blast up our time table) or writing a Basic-interpreter.

Are there any other ideas, maybe so that we can load/run C#-programs.

with best regards

admonitor

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com