This project is read-only.

Bad Glitch In Current Build

Oct 27, 2011 at 7:39 AM

Hey Guys, I put alot of tests into this and I found something with the current build if you have code like this:

public static void SetMode()

{

VGAScreen.SetMode320x240x8() 'Sorry if thats not spelled right

'And then you set your colors... ect

}

and then...

public static void Test() {

VGAScreen.SetPixel320x240x8(0,0, Some color) 'Sorry if thats spelled wrong.

}

ok and in your main event you cal the setmode and then the color. well if you dont put a Console.ReadLine() after, VGAScreen will redraw over and over again. Unless you put Console.ReadLine() in your code after those two events. This is bad, it messed up some of my work. Lol dont worry once I figured out the problem, it was no big deal because I commented out the lines I thought that were causing this. Anyway I looked over the current code and I'm not sure what is causing this. Anyway if you guys can fix this, that would be great. Thanks - Matt =D

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:41 AM
This is by design. Your Kernel.Run method is called repeatedly.

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:39 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey Guys, I put alot of tests into this and I found something with the current build if you have code like this:

{

}

and then...

}

ok and in your main event you cal the setmode and then the color. well if you dont put a Console.ReadLine() after, VGAScreen will redraw over and over again. Unless you put Console.ReadLine() in your code after those two events. This is bad, it messed up some of my work. Lol dont worry once I figured out the problem, it was no big deal because I commented out the lines I thought that were causing this. Anyway I looked over the current code and I'm not sure what is causing this. Anyway if you guys can fix this, that would be great. Thanks - Matt =D

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 27, 2011 at 8:29 PM
mterwoord wrote:

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:39 AM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

{

}

and then...

}

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Why do you call the run event repeatedly? Is there a reason for it? And if wanted to not have the run event called repeatedly, is there anything I can do? Thanks - Matt

Oct 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM
You either want your OS to run, or have it shutdown/restart. So Run is called repeatedly, until you shutdown your os, or keep the method busy (while(true); for example)

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 9:30 PM, civilwarrock <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

{

}

and then...

}

Why do you call the run event repeatedly? Is there a reason for it? And if wanted to not have the run event called repeatedly, is there anything I can do? Thanks - Matt