Filesystem... AGAIN!

Developer
Oct 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I know I have asked this before but, why isn't the filesystem working?

I don't want anyone to say this

"compiler bugs"

That doesn't help. It does seem that your ata implementation causes a cpu exception on vmware player though.

Thanks,

CMan332

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2011 at 7:55 AM
Why can't we say the truth?

Working on the filesystem revealed some compiler bugs, and in the process of fixing them, we are working on an improved debugger (will help us now and in the feature). However, we suffer from low resources, so we have little time to spare....

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:07 AM, Cman332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I know I have asked this before but, why isn't the filesystem working?

I don't want anyone to say this

"compiler bugs"

That doesn't help. It does seem that your ata implementation causes a cpu exception on vmware player though.

Thanks,

CMan332

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2011 at 1:45 PM
> help us now and in the feature). However, we suffer from low resources,
> so we have little time to spare....

So if users really want to get Cosmos moving again, we need help with
the compiler bugs and ASM debugger. Alternatively, if you can get the
FBI off my back I'll have more free time to do those things.
Developer
Nov 1, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Ok. Now to take some asm lessons :)

FBI?? Engaging in P2P sharing are we?

So what does the debugger do persay? You can leave the GUI up to me if you like! :)

Thanks,

CMan332

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2011 at 8:35 AM
kudzu's fbi stuff, thorow description: http://www.kudzuworld.com/Help/index.nl.aspx

Debugger lets us step through code. We already could do that on a c# statement level, but now we're working on being able to step through assembly code....

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 4:21 AM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok. Now to take some asm lessons :)

FBI?? Engaging in P2P sharing are we?

So what does the debugger do persay? You can leave the GUI up to me if you like! :)

Thanks,

CMan332

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:06 PM

The current issue with the debugger is that, somewhere in the path to visual studio (Or is it in the path back to the vm?), commands are getting lost, or duplicated (I don't remember which), and, as you can imagine, that's causing a few problems with assembly level debugging, because we need to be able to modify things and then tell it to continue.

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:10 PM
> Ok. Now to take some asm lessons :)

We are here to help.

> FBI?? Engaging in P2P sharing are we?

I wish it was that simple. They don't put you on Interpol and try to
extradite you for P2P.

> So what does the debugger do persay? You can leave the GUI up to me if
> you like! :)

It allows stepping through ASM, watching of registers etc.
Coordinator
Nov 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM
blah: when is your last status update? i did a fix a while ago which let us ping the debugstub...

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

> Ok. Now to take some asm lessons :)

We are here to help.

> FBI?? Engaging in P2P sharing are we?

I wish it was that simple. They don't put you on Interpol and try to
extradite you for P2P.

> So what does the debugger do persay? You can leave the GUI up to me if
> you like! :)

It allows stepping through ASM, watching of registers etc.

Developer
Nov 2, 2011 at 6:13 AM
Edited Nov 2, 2011 at 7:14 AM

All I can say about that link is OMG! I FEEL SOOOO SORRY FOR YOU!!!!!

I feel lucky I'm not a US Citizen. Now to search the internets to find ASM TUTORIALS!

I feel bad for asking now....

Thanks,

CMan332

EDIT: I didn't want to sound like a 10 year old with my response, but it was my real reaction. I was shocked. Yay Australia!

Nov 2, 2011 at 6:36 AM

good luck with the ASM tutorials...

i hate ASM :P lol