Cant install 2008? WTF?

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Hey guys, I am having trouble with my current pc. I have visual c#, c++, and vb, 2010 express installed. When I try to install visual c# 2008 express, it wont let me! It only lets me "un-install" it. If I press uninstall, it doesn't uninstall it! I am so confused. Any ideas? I want 2008 since I cant get 2010 to work right. :( Anyone that can help, please reply asap. :) THX!

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
We're not a support forum for Visual Studio......

Cosmos works fine on 2010, even the express editions.

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 9:31 PM, sci4me <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: sci4me

Hey guys, I am having trouble with my current pc. I have visual c#, c++, and vb, 2010 express installed. When I try to install visual c# 2008 express, it wont let me! It only lets me "un-install" it. If I press uninstall, it doesn't uninstall it! I am so confused. Any ideas? I want 2008 since I cant get 2010 to work right. :( Anyone that can help, please reply asap. :) THX!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Coordinator
Jan 8, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Please come in our IRC and ask there again, over a remote session we could probably help you.

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Before doing a remote session: Have you installed the VS Shell?

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Trivalik <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: Trivalik

Please come in our IRC and ask there again, over a remote session we could probably help you.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Jan 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Well, I think I did. I downloaded what I believed it to be and ran the installer. I do have a program that when loading says Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Shell. So yes, I did. I haven't been using this as it is an empty cosmos project. And that's all it lets me make. I have however, been using visual c# 2010 express but it ALWAYS gives me some error about Cosmos.Hardware.Hardware. Even when I add the required references. Also, sorry about posting here when it's not for here.. But... IDK. Anyway, I'll keep trying. :) THX!

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM
It sounds like you're not understanding the Express project structure.
in Express 2010, create a New Project, type Cosmos Kernel. You now get a C# Library project, wich a Kernel.cs file (iirc). This is where you define your kernel
In Shell, create a new Cosmos Project (the empty one you already saw). Add a reference here to your C# Library. Now hit Run in Shell


On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM, sci4me <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: sci4me

Well, I think I did. I downloaded what I believed it to be and ran the installer. I do have a program that when loading says Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Shell. So yes, I did. I haven't been using this as it is an empty cosmos project. And that's all it lets me make. I have however, been using visual c# 2010 express but it ALWAYS gives me some error about Cosmos.Hardware.Hardware. Even when I add the required references. Also, sorry about posting here when it's not for here.. But... IDK. Anyway, I'll keep trying. :) THX!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com