If I put this in my source...

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:52 PM

If I put it: http://www.koders.com/csharp/fid8576CFD676D7A43B020F273D108522A14033F6CB.aspx?s=%22Clarion%22

in my source, the TempDictionary<string> give me an error, please, help me

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2012 at 2:15 PM
> If I put it:
> http://www.koders.com/csharp/fid8576CFD676D7A43B020F273D108522A14033F6CB.aspx?s=%22Clarion%22
>
> in my source, the TempDictionary<string> give me an error, please, help me

Please install the "Enable mind reading" extension from our website.
Jan 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM
        private static TempDictionary<InterruptDelegate> mIRQ_Handlers;

public static void AddIRQHandler(byte IRQ, InterruptDelegate handler)
        {
            if (mIRQ_Handlers == null)
            {
                mIRQ_Handlers = new TempDictionary<InterruptDelegate>();
These lines give an error, but I have Visual Studio in Spanish and I can't say my error in english, is related with the TempDictionary of the first and the last line.
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM
> private static TempDictionary<InterruptDelegate> mIRQ_Handlers;
>
> public static void AddIRQHandler(byte IRQ,InterruptDelegate
> handler) { if (mIRQ_Handlers ==null) { mIRQ_Handlers =new
> TempDictionary<InterruptDelegate>(); These lines give an error, but I
> have Visual Studio in Spanish and I can't say my error in english, is
> related with the TempDictionary of the first and the last line.

If you can't even attempt a translation, don't expect us to start
guessing blindly at what "error" you have.
Coordinator
Jan 22, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Why are you trying to implement interrupts? Cosmos does that for you. Aside from the issue you have now, you wont get it working, as Cosmos' interrupts will handle the interrutps..

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 6:41 PM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

> private static TempDictionary<InterruptDelegate> mIRQ_Handlers;
>
> public static void AddIRQHandler(byte IRQ,InterruptDelegate
> handler) { if (mIRQ_Handlers ==null) { mIRQ_Handlers =new
> TempDictionary<InterruptDelegate>(); These lines give an error, but I
> have Visual Studio in Spanish and I can't say my error in english, is
> related with the TempDictionary of the first and the last line.

If you can't even attempt a translation, don't expect us to start
guessing blindly at what "error" you have.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:50 PM

But, I can't use my OS in iMAC or Mac Book, I can't type, and in other computers yes...

And if I use Console.Write("blablabla"); the word flashes :S

Developer
Jan 22, 2012 at 5:52 PM

In order for it to run on a Mac Book, we would have to support mono. We don't currently support mono.

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2012 at 6:19 PM
no: he means taking the iso (without debugging) and boot it on macbook.

Probably this issue has to do with how the video is configured to work on macbooks, as they're based on UEFI instead of bios. not sure but this might be related...

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 7:52 PM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

In order for it to run on a Mac Book, we would have to support mono. We don't currently support mono.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM
> In order for it to run on a Mac Book, we would have to support mono. We
> don't currently support mono.

Not quite.. Mac's are x86 can can boot our code but for now in the short
term we are focusing only on VMWare. In addition the Mac has a lot of
non PC like hardware.
Developer
Jan 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I was thinking on the plug side of things.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM
chad, i think the vga thingy of the macbooks might be configured to use different memory-range than 0xB8000?

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I was thinking on the plug side of things.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 12:30 PM
> chad, i think the vga thingy of the macbooks might be configured to use
> different memory-range than 0xB8000?

yea I think they are at 0x6666666
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Makes sense.. :-)
Which would mean the TextScreen implementation of ours cannot use it..

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

> chad, i think the vga thingy of the macbooks might be configured to use
> different memory-range than 0xB8000?

yea I think they are at 0x6666666

Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Also, our mouse implementation wouldn't work on a macbook, as the touchpad on a mac is connected via the serial port, rather than via the PS2 port, which is how it's connected on every other computer :P (well, most modern computers connect them via usb, but they are still accessable through the same mechanism as PS2. A different mechanism is required for it to be connected via serial port.) I'm not sure how the keyboard is connected, but I think it's still connected via PS2, (or at least still accessable via the same mechanism.) so it should work.

Jan 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM
blah38621 wrote:

Also, our mouse implementation wouldn't work on a macbook, as the touchpad on a mac is connected via the serial port, rather than via the PS2 port, which is how it's connected on every other computer :P (well, most modern computers connect them via usb, but they are still accessable through the same mechanism as PS2. A different mechanism is required for it to be connected via serial port.) I'm not sure how the keyboard is connected, but I think it's still connected via PS2, (or at least still accessable via the same mechanism.) so it should work.

No it would work, I think. I can use a USB mouse and touchpad on my laptop which is a HP no problem, so does that mean that the mouse would work for Mac, or no? Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 5:42 PM

:P Macs are the only ones that probably won't work. On most laptops, the touchpad is connected internally to a PS2 port. In a Mac however, the touchpad is connected internally to a serial port, which requires a different mechanism to use.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:01 PM
blah38621 wrote:

:P Macs are the only ones that probably won't work. On most laptops, the touchpad is connected internally to a PS2 port. In a Mac however, the touchpad is connected internally to a serial port, which requires a different mechanism to use.

What about a USB mouse? Because I have a externel USB mouse which I have used with Cosmos. And it worked just fine. Thanks - Matt

Developer
Jan 23, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Provided that the mouse & keyboard were initialized correctly in BIOS, a USB mouse or keyboard is accessible as if it was connected via PS2.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM
blah38621 wrote:

Provided that the mouse & keyboard were initialized correctly in BIOS, a USB mouse or keyboard is accessible as if it was connected via PS2.

Oh ok, makes sense. Thanks - Matt