This project is read-only.

VirtualBox

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

In VMWare Player, when I draw pixels to the VGA Screen, I can see each line being draw. VirtualBox draws it instantly. I'm posting this mainly as a note to anyone who wants to use COSMOS but is put off by it's apparent lack of speed. And, of course, it runs fastest when it's the currently running OS.

P.S. Keep up the good work, guys. :)

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:31 PM
> In VMWare Player, when I draw pixels to the VGA Screen, I can see each
> line being draw. VirtualBox draws it instantly. I'm posting this mainly
> as a note to anyone who wants to use COSMOS but is put off by it's
> apparent lack of speed.

Its probably the debugger. The debugger connection wont work under VB so
it will time out and disable.
Feb 10, 2012 at 8:04 AM
EagleEyeSA: What version of cosmos are you using?

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:31 PM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

> In VMWare Player, when I draw pixels to the VGA Screen, I can see each
> line being draw. VirtualBox draws it instantly. I'm posting this mainly
> as a note to anyone who wants to use COSMOS but is put off by it's
> apparent lack of speed.

Its probably the debugger. The debugger connection wont work under VB so
it will time out and disable.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 10, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Release 87612, Sun Jan 22 2012 at 8:00 AM

I was going to check if VMWare ran it any faster in release mode, but apparently when Windows restarted itself without my permission it screwed up VMWare. Luckily I'm got it configured so that I can easily open an .ISO of my project in VirtualBox. (Also luckily, my project is a remake of a game released in 1995 that uses a 320x200x8 resolution.)

P.S. Is there a way to automatically include files onto the virtual harddrive/.iso file?
Feb 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM
EagleEyeSA wrote:
Release 87612, Sun Jan 22 2012 at 8:00 AM

I was going to check if VMWare ran it any faster in release mode, but apparently when Windows restarted itself without my permission it screwed up VMWare. Luckily I'm got it configured so that I can easily open an .ISO of my project in VirtualBox. (Also luckily, my project is a remake of a game released in 1995 that uses a 320x200x8 resolution.)

P.S. Is there a way to automatically include files onto the virtual harddrive/.iso file?

As far as I know there is a kit, I lost the link, I will look for it again. But when I find it, it should allow you to do so. It is open source as well. Yeah selecting "Release" rather than "Debug" makes a huge difference, you lose some debugging but, its worth it for testing. Thanks - Matt