Cosmos OS Development Tutorials EDIT: Submit your own tutorial!

Feb 14, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I have made some tutorials to help new Cosmos users write their own operating systems with Cosmos, and I thought I should share it with the community. So, without further ado, here is the link: http://cosmos-tutorials.webs.com ! I'd be interested to hear your feedback, so feel free to do so, and, if there are any errors or copyright violations, I will be happy to fix them immediately. Plus, soon I will allow you to submit your own tutorials if you wish, so enjoy!

-Aurora

Developer
Feb 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Might I ask which version of Cosmos your working with in the tutorials? (I've not had a chance to actually look at the tutorials, otherwise I wouldn't have to ask :P)

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2012 at 3:33 PM
blah38621 wrote:

Might I ask which version of Cosmos your working with in the tutorials? (I've not had a chance to actually look at the tutorials, otherwise I wouldn't have to ask :P)

The tutorials are written for the latest UserKit release (87612) or the DevKit.

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM
87612 is the latest UserKit release, devkit is newer.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Aurora01 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

blah38621 wrote:

The tutorials are written for the latest version of Cosmos (87612) or the DevKit.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM
mterwoord wrote:
87612 is the latest UserKit release, devkit is newer.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Aurora01 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

blah38621 wrote:

The tutorials are written for the latest version of Cosmos (87612) or the DevKit.

I know. I mean that it works on both.

Feb 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Would anyone like to suggest an article for the tutorials or submit a tutorial to be added (you get 100% credit!), because the page is looking a bit bare at the moment :P ?

-Aurora

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:19 PM
Aurora01 wrote:

Would anyone like to suggest an article for the tutorials or submit a tutorial to be added (you get 100% credit!), because the page is looking a bit bare at the moment :P ?

-Aurora

Lol, well I think a tutorial for the VMWare video driver might get you so hits. I know a lot of people are trying to figure out how it works, including myself. I could never get a pixel to set. Thanks - Matt

Feb 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM
civilwarrock wrote:
Aurora01 wrote:

-Aurora

Lol, well I think a tutorial for the VMWare video driver might get you so hits. I know a lot of people are trying to figure out how it works, including myself. I could never get a pixel to set. Thanks - Matt

I've asked blah38621 how it works, so get ready for using VMWare SVGA tutorial! :)

-Aurora

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM
Aurora01 wrote:
civilwarrock wrote:
Aurora01 wrote:

-Aurora

I've asked blah38621 how it works, so get ready for using VMWare SVGA tutorial! :)

-Aurora

Cool cause I need one like ASAP, I cannot seem to get it to work for me. =). Thanks - Matt

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Hi Aurora01,

I have the same idea with you to create a tutorial site for Cosmos. But mine is in Chinese. http://bbs.laomalaoba.com and http://www.cnblogs.com/li0803/archive/2011/01/31/1948215.html. I still am a newer for operation system development and still looking for the tutorial about Cosmos in Google. I think I will translate the article in your site into my site if you don't mine :)

By the way, I think that the article with a good format is more convenience to read for people ;)

Hengzhe

Feb 18, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Edited Feb 18, 2012 at 7:31 AM

OK, and I'll translate your article if that's OK. You might get some translation problems, because chinese to english and english to chinese sometimes creates problems...

Feb 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Plus, don't forget to credit me :-)

-Aurora

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Now, you can submit your own article at cosmos tutorials! Enjoy,

-Aurora