How to work with devkit ?

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hi,

i always have problems when  i want to work with the devkit.

i open the solution in source folder in vs 2010 prof

and then i get some error that a project is not loaded correctly and some other things.

+ how do you work with this at all ?

HD2HD

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

If you load the solution, and not cosmos kit is installed, it could not load the cosmos specific project so you get for this errors. Thats all folks.

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM
You need to install devkit first:
You need to install VS SDK, InnoSetup QUickStart pack, and then run install.bat.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Trivalik <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

If you load the solution, and not cosmos kit is installed, it could not load the cosmos specific project so you get for this errors. Thats all folks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM

How much longer till cosmos runs on my phone/tablet?

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Months or years depending on how important we think ARM is.

Developer
Feb 25, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Once the x86 version of Cosmos is stable, then work can begin on porting it to other platforms. Most likely, the first target would be either x86_64 (aka. 64-bit CPU's), or ARM. x86_64 would be fairly straight forward, but ARM would be slightly more difficult due to it being a MIPS platform. (for instance, we'd have to emulate a mul instruction)

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:40 PM
How hard would it be to run COSMOS on the Xbox 1 (x86)? Would it essentially be a problem of writing driver for it, or would it require an additional rewrite or something?
Feb 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM

There's probably a firmware lock or something, but I can't imagine it being too hard

Coordinator
Feb 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM
On 2/25/2012 1:27 PM, blah38621 wrote:
> Once the x86 version of Cosmos is stable, then work can begin on porting
> it to other platforms. Most likely, the first target would be either
> x86_64 (aka. 64-bit CPU's), or ARM. x86_64 would be fairly straight
> forward, but ARM would be slightly more difficult due to it being a MIPS
> platform. (for instance, we'd have to emulate a mul instruction)

ARM will be easier than x86 to implement. :)
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2012 at 7:05 AM
Before we start implementing other platforms, we'll need to work on compiler for a while...

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

On 2/25/2012 1:27 PM, blah38621 wrote:
> Once the x86 version of Cosmos is stable, then work can begin on porting
> it to other platforms. Most likely, the first target would be either
> x86_64 (aka. 64-bit CPU's), or ARM. x86_64 would be fairly straight
> forward, but ARM would be slightly more difficult due to it being a MIPS
> platform. (for instance, we'd have to emulate a mul instruction)

ARM will be easier than x86 to implement. :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com