can you make a palette?

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:08 PM

No, you just use the hex code

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:14 PM

ok

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:23 PM

how do you find out the hex codes?

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

how do i know what hex codes are for what color?

Developer
Mar 1, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Yes, I'd like to know that, too.

Mar 1, 2012 at 1:59 AM

The hex code 0xrrggbb, r=red, g=green, b=blue.

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:36 AM
msareedjr wrote:

Its simple convert Red to hex and Green to hex and blue to hex and combine the three like this:

Red:255,Green:255,Blue:255 = White

Hex:0xFFFFFF

What it looks like broken up

FF(Red),FF(Green),FF(Blue)

if you want to convert images to use with the VMWare driver I recommend: http://pearos.codeplex.com/releases/view/83066

We use it in PearOs to convert images to code. I wrote it just for this Driver and it seems to work very well! Enjoy! Hope it helps - Matt

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:45 AM
civilwarrock wrote:
msareedjr wrote:

Its simple convert Red to hex and Green to hex and blue to hex and combine the three like this:

if you want to convert images to use with the VMWare driver I recommend: http://pearos.codeplex.com/releases/view/83066

We use it in PearOs to convert images to code. I wrote it just for this Driver and it seems to work very well! Enjoy! Hope it helps - Matt

Wrong: it's red green blue alpha, and to convert it,pick a value between 0 and 255 that you want, and use a hex converter

Mar 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Aurora01 wrote:
civilwarrock wrote:
msareedjr wrote:

Wrong: it's red green blue alpha, and to convert it,pick a value between 0 and 255 that you want, and use a hex converter

No its not. Did you maybe consider that the driver can support Red Green And Blue and Red Green Blue And Alpha, because it does. Please do your homework before saying something is wrong =). Because if you look under Pear > Core > Graphics > System Images and look at them you will see I use Red Green And Blue and wit works perfectly. Infact I had some issues with Red Green Blue Alpha, so I just built my image convertor to use Red Green Blue, as it makes the image files smaller =). I was right. - Matt

Developer
Mar 1, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Technically the memory is layed out in RGBA format, however the VMWareSVGAII (as well as most other graphics cards) ignore the alpha channel when working with the values to be drawn to screen. Also, an Alpha value of 255 is opaque, and an Alpha value of 0 is fully transparent.

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:19 PM

thanks, trying it now

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I tried clear(0xFFFFFF) and it was still a black screen :O

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:49 PM

its working, thanks for your time!

Developer
Mar 1, 2012 at 9:50 PM

isn't the color u used black?

On Mar 1, 2012 3:34 PM, "idifyable" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I tried clear(0xFFFFFF) and it was still a black screen :O

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Mar 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM

0xFFFFFF is white.

Developer
Mar 1, 2012 at 10:53 PM

oh.