Reading and Writing text files

Mar 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Hey guise,

I've created an OS using Cosmos and it works very well so far, and I'm booting the OS from a flash stick.

So let's say that I've some text files in the flash stick how can I read them in the OS and how to write to them.

Help :)

Coordinator
Mar 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
You cant currently....
For us to read from flash disks/sticks we need to support USB which will take a while to implement...

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM, ahmed01000410657 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey guise,

I've created an OS using Cosmos and it works very well so far, and I'm booting the OS from a flash stick.

So let's say that I've some text files in the flash stick how can I read them in the OS and how to write to them.

Help :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Mar 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I believe he means how can he read the files from the HDD and print them to the screen.

Mar 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM

That's write, how can I do that

Help wanted :)

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM
On 3/22/2012 8:44 AM, ahmed01000410657 wrote:
> That's write, how can I do that
>
> Help wanted :)

The FAT code isnt ready yet.