Burning Boot ISO to DVD

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Hello everyone.

I tried burning the boot ISO for my operating system to a DVD-RW to perform a live boot test of my operating system.

However, on boot, the ISOLinux Message is displayed and "Loading Output.bin..." is displayed.

The screen then clears and nothing happens.

The output.bin file on the DVD is reported at 50 KB smaller than the one in the ISO.

Booting the DVD in Virtual PC produces the desired results.

 

Any ideas on what I should do?

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM
On 3/20/2012 11:37 AM, WMH123 wrote:
> I tried burning the boot ISO for my operating system to a DVD-RW to
> perform a live boot test of my operating system.
>
> However, on boot, the ISOLinux Message is displayed and "Loading
> Output.bin..." is displayed.
>
> The screen then clears and nothing happens.
>
> The output.bin file on the DVD is reported at 50 KB smaller than the one
> in the ISO.
>
> Booting the DVD in Virtual PC produces the desired results.

Maybe your hardware has some conflict during boot. Cosmos uses the
lowest denominator for booting though and should boot on any PC.
Mar 20, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I've tried booting on multiple machines.

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM
On 3/20/2012 11:45 AM, WMH123 wrote:
> I've tried booting on multiple machines.

I cant think of anything. The same iso boots ok on vmware?
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM
all machines have SATA controllers set to AHCI ?


On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:15 AM, kudzu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: kudzu

On 3/20/2012 11:45 AM, WMH123 wrote:
> I've tried booting on multiple machines.

I cant think of anything. The same iso boots ok on vmware?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Developer
Mar 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM

What about machines without a SATA controller in the first place? (such as 3 out of the 5 computers in my basement, one of which is a server (mind you I have a SATA raid card in, but that wouldn't show up as a SATA controller directly would it?) )

Coordinator
Mar 23, 2012 at 1:45 PM
probably kernel is crashing because it doesn't detect a normal (pata) IDE cntroller, but just guessing here..


On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 1:38 PM, blah38621 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: blah38621

What about machines without a SATA controller in the first place? (such as 3 out of the 5 computers in my basement, one of which is a server (mind you I have a SATA raid card in, but that wouldn't show up as a SATA controller directly would it?) )

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Apr 23, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Edited Apr 23, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I know this is an older topic, but I've got an update.

I recently tested my OS on a Dell Dimension 4300S.

It showed this prompt.

 

CSC/os [Version 1.1.2.4]
Copyright (C) Computer Sciences Club 2012

>

 

And then it froze. No _ prompting for input. Nothing.

Any ideas? Does COSMOS not support DVDs?

May 20, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Anyone?