USB 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0

Developer
Apr 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Hi,

I am currently working on USB controller drivers.

As the USB standards says they are splittet in UHCI 1.0, OHCI 1.1, EHCI 2.0 and XHCI 3.0
VMWare has EHCI and I already have the structures and documentation in a class in cosmos.
For every other class I am looking in the FreeBSD driver repository and Intel documentations.

These HCI ( Host Controller Interface ) classes are then used from the original USB device drivers.

Now I have some general problems with the PCI Device like activating, IRQ, memory mapping, etc.

Does someone have any deeper knowlegde of that?
I think I can get about 90% work done by myself but these problems block.

My plans are:

EHCI: Detect plug in event for devices, look and load a driver for that.
USB: HID driver for mouse or keyboard or both.
Code: Try to port to MOSA
Documentation: Write HOWTO port from Cosmos from/to MOSA.

I know that these drivers will need a major refactoring as compiler and Cosmos framework itself evolve.

Developer
Apr 5, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I think that the VMWare SVGA driver can show how to do most of the things. As for EHCI, how are you going to load the driver dynamically?

Coordinator
Apr 6, 2012 at 7:02 AM
dynamicall instantiate classes is possible. the code needs to be linked in though...

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 12:30 AM, CMan332 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I think that the VMWare SVGA driver can show how to do most of the things. As for EHCI, how are you going to load the driver dynamically?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com