I search developers for my os

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Arkadia os is operating system based on cosmos .

And i search developers for arkadia os to develop this os i recruit a developers in :

https://arkadiaos.codeplex.com

Thank You.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Project not published.

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM

How do I get in.

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:51 PM
What is Arkadia OS? (Also, did you mean Arcadia, or is the "k" intentional?)
Apr 11, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I'm in vacation ,I will publish the source and project in friday or saturday.

Apr 11, 2012 at 8:35 PM
EagleEyeSA wrote:

No her name is Arkadia OS not Arcadia OS , and this operating system manages the virtual file system in the ram , it can create and read files at the moment,in saturday i will develop the desktop and icon,but I need a little help , I'm sorry for my spelling i'm not english i'm french and i use the google translations from to help me.

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:00 PM
monster12 wrote:
EagleEyeSA wrote:

No her name is Arkadia OS not Arcadia OS , and this operating system manages the virtual file system in the ram , it can create and read files at the moment,in saturday i will develop the desktop and icon,but I need a little help , I'm sorry for my spelling i'm not english i'm french and i use the google translations from to help me.

Id help, but I have my own to work on. But I will be interested to see where this project goes. - Matt

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM
civilwarrock wrote:
monster12 wrote:
EagleEyeSA wrote:

Id help, but I have my own to work on. But I will be interested to see where this project goes. - Matt

When I go back from my trip I will share the sources.

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Strictly speaking, the VFS is an abstraction of the hard drive, so I think you mean RAMdisk.

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Aurora01 wrote:

Strictly speaking, the VFS is an abstraction of the hard drive, so I think you mean RAMdisk.

Yes

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM
Aurora01 wrote:

Yes

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:39 PM

The project is published  :

Apr 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM
monster12 wrote:

And i search developers for arkadia os to develop this os i recruit a developers in :

Thank You.

I dont mind you using my VFS code, but please give me credit. Because by taking a look, you just copy and pasted some things. I dont mind, but do give me credit, I believe I did have a comment saying I wrote it at the top... if not then please add one. Or do what you wish, but give me credit. Thanks, - Matt

Apr 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM
civilwarrock wrote:
monster12 wrote:

Thank You.

I dont mind you using my VFS code, but please give me credit. Because by taking a look, you just copy and pasted some things. I dont mind, but do give me credit, I believe I did have a comment saying I wrote it at the top... if not then please add one. Or do what you wish, but give me credit. Thanks, - Matt

Your source code is open source then it is free so why give credit?

Developer
Apr 14, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Because he wrote it.

Send from my Toaster

On Apr 14, 2012 10:21 AM, "monster12" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

civilwarrock wrote:
monster12 wrote:

Thank You.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Most open source projects are free to use, but you are required to give them some credit (you ever looked at about boxes from commercial software? those tend to be full of "COntains X technolgy by Y company" statements)

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Because he wrote it.

Send from my Toaster

civilwarrock wrote:
monster12 wrote:

Thank You.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Edited Apr 14, 2012 at 11:49 PM
mterwoord wrote:
Most open source projects are free to use, but you are required to give them some credit (you ever looked at about boxes from commercial software? those tend to be full of "COntains X technolgy by Y company" statements)

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM, joshbeitler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Because he wrote it.

Send from my Toaster

civilwarrock wrote:
monster12 wrote:

Thank You.

But the license is writing that everyone can use the source, and I inform you that I will create a new operating system I will use my own codes.

http//sharkos.codeplex.com/

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Still, you HAVE to credit Matt, or not use the code at all. Anyway, are you saying that you are making two OSes?

Developer
Apr 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Edited Apr 15, 2012 at 9:02 AM

May I remind you all that this is the Cosmos discussion forums, this isn't a place to advertise your projects, or to ask for developers to work on it for that matter.

Developer
Apr 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM

It's not going to kill you to put a statement at the top of the source saying that Matt created it. Just do it because it is a requirement.

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Aurora01 wrote:

Still, you HAVE to credit Matt, or not use the code at all. Anyway, are you saying that you are making two OSes?

I cancel the programming Arkadia Os  to create shark OS, because Arcadia os was a test project

Developer
Apr 15, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Then why even create the project in the first place? Why not just use, say, SharkOS and have a test project or something similar?

Send from my Toaster

On Apr 15, 2012 10:13 AM, "monster12" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Aurora01 wrote:

I cancel the programming Arkadia Os to create shark OS, because Arcadia os was a test project

Apr 15, 2012 at 9:57 PM
joshbeitler wrote:

Then why even create the project in the first place? Why not just use, say, SharkOS and have a test project or something similar?

Send from my Toaster

On Apr 15, 2012 10:13 AM, "monster12" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Aurora01 wrote:

I cancel the programming Arkadia Os to create shark OS, because Arcadia os was a test project

I already have a test project that is arkadia os

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM
Why did you ask for help with a test project, without giving us anything to help with, then immediately abandon it and go to a new one, all while acting extremely arrogant to the people who've made anything you're doing right now possible?
Developer
Apr 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I really do wish that I could like some of these posts like you can on facebook! :D

Developer
Apr 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM

This seems to be the general direction of this thread

Apr 16, 2012 at 6:12 AM
CMan332 wrote:

This seems to be the general direction of this thread

Funny. Lol. Yeah but a like button could be abused as well. But hey, I admit it would be kind of nice. - Matt

Developer
Apr 16, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Hey, Matt, since I couldn't get a hold of you on pear, is there any way you can get on Skype?