This project is read-only.

installing comos

May 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Edited May 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM

hello,

i have visual C# 2010 installed with the iso of visual studio 2010 from the microsoft website. then i wanted to install the latest build of cosmos. but whenever i try to install it, the installer says "visual studio 2010 is not installed!" so what am i doing wrong? because im sure that c# is installed, i can start it up and i even reinstalled it.

EDIT: omg i spelled cosmos wrong in the title. sorry folks!

May 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Did you read the readme? It states that the VS Shell redistributable needs to be installed first. (You now have installed the SP1 release?)

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:39 PM, williewonka <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hello,

i have visual C# 2010 installed with the iso of visual studio 2010 from the microsoft website. then i wanted to install the latest build of cosmos. but whenever i try to install it, the installer says "visual studio 2010 is not installed!" so what am i doing wrong? because im sure that c# is installed, i can start it up and i even reinstalled it.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 3, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Edited May 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM
ok thx very much! im installing it right now

EDIT: so I'm trying to boot the hello world os but it says that vmware is not installed. cant i do it with virtualbox or do i need vmware? i thought i could choose, but i didn't get any prompt asking to make a choice. what am i doing wrong?
mterwoord wrote:
Did you read the readme? It states that the VS Shell redistributable needs to be installed first. (You now have installed the SP1 release?)

hello,

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 4, 2012 at 7:55 AM
It seems you need to install the SP1 after that..

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM, williewonka <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

sorry i didnt. i never actually heard from that version. where can i get that?
mterwoord wrote:

hello,

May 4, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Edited May 4, 2012 at 6:32 PM
I did that but i still get that error. anyone knows how to fix it?

EDIT: so to bet clear, i can see the iso of my test os in the debug folder and i think i can run it, im going to test that now, but i dont get the screen with all the options and i cant open it directly in virtualbox as a result.

EDIT2: so i cant even do that, it just says "waiting for debugger connection". sad panda is sad, how can i fix this?
mterwoord wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

hello,

May 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM
You have SP1 installed?

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM, williewonka <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I did that but i still get that error. anyone knows how to fix it?
mterwoord wrote:

mterwoord wrote:

hello,

May 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM
Edited May 5, 2012 at 5:40 PM

yes i have.

so does anyone have a solution? i really want to start coding with cosmos, but i cant find anywhere how to solve this problem!