Coordinator
May 4, 2012 at 3:52 PM
On 5/4/2012 6:06 AM, Cman332 wrote:
> Looks like someone made codeplex really ugly

Yeah, I dont like it either... Looks like MSDN or the forums... the old
CP was better...
Developer
May 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Agreed, I much prefer the old one, and from what I've read so far, so does almost everyone who is using codeplex actively :P (if it wasn't for the active use of team explorer by most of the dev team, I would suggest moving to a different site unless they fix this mess, but because most of the team does, that isn't a valid option. (also a few other reasons why it's not :P))

Developer
May 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Please don't kill me, but I actually like how it looks.

Send from my Toaster

On May 4, 2012 1:47 PM, "blah38621" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Agreed, I much prefer the old one, and from what I've read so far, so does almost everyone who is using codeplex actively :P (if it wasn't for the active use of team explorer by most of the dev team, I would suggest moving to a different site unless they fix this mess, but because most of the team does, that isn't a valid option. (also a few other reasons why it's not :P))

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
May 5, 2012 at 3:04 AM
joshbeitler wrote:

Send from my Toaster

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

*Pokes the line at the bottom of his message*
Your not using a computer :P Use a computer and say the same thing :P

Developer
May 5, 2012 at 3:08 AM

What are you saying? It looks fine on my toaster.

Ahh fine, I'll have a look at it on my dishwasher in the morning.

Send from my Toaster

On May 4, 2012 9:05 PM, "blah38621" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

Send from my Toaster

Developer
May 5, 2012 at 3:12 AM

What's wrong with it? I really do like it. Is there some atrocious thing I've missed?

On May 4, 2012 9:05 PM, "blah38621" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

joshbeitler wrote:

Send from my Toaster

Developer
May 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Try viewing the site at any horizontal resolution lower than 1200 pixels, you'll see the issue. Most of the buttons for things are way out of scale. It looks decent when your looking at the site at 1600x1200 pixels, but much smaller than that and you start to see the issues.

Developer
May 5, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Edited May 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM

It looks great on my muchas gicantico screen (1920 x 1080), as well as my 1024 x 768, but I can now se how this could cause outrage. Its really too bad for people with smaller screens or awkward resolutions, as you said.

Developer
May 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM

I don't like it because

1. Ugly colours
  2. Doesn't look good on 1366x768, buttons are way too big
  3. Only device the things are in portion on is my table, and i can't code on that

:-(

Developer
May 7, 2012 at 4:40 AM
CMan332 wrote:

I don't like it because

1. Ugly colours
  2. Doesn't look good on 1366x768, buttons are way too big
  3. Only device the things are in portion on is my table, and i can't code on that

:-(

Strange how taste differs... I like the old CP better as well, but I see nothing wrong here...

It's clean and out of your way, easy to use, and low on bandwidth. And it ties in to Microsoft's new style (www.microsoft.com)

Can't please everybody I suppose

Developer
May 7, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Nope. I'd be happier if they changed the colours though haha

Developer
May 8, 2012 at 12:36 PM

The old version was low bandwidth as well :P