Cosmos build process

Jun 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM

How does the cosmos builder work? I am trying to make an application called ExpressBuild for Cosmos v87612. It is for Visual Studio Express users, and it will turn the .dll into a .iso.

Also, in the next version, you should not have to install the Visual Studio 2010/2012 shell.

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Cosmos supports Visual Studio Express just fine. What problem are you trying to solve?

Op 12 jun. 2012 19:56 schreef "jpal" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

How does the cosmos builder work? I am trying to make an application called ExpressBuild for Cosmos v87612. It is for Visual Studio Express users, and it will turn the .dll into a .iso.

Also, in the next version, you should not have to install the Visual Studio 2010/2012 shell.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 12, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Well I have a slower computer, and the shell doesn't run very well. To compile it, I have to close c# 2010 and open the shell, then compile it, then close the shell and open c# 2010. I know how to compile the .asm file with nasm, and make an iso, but how do you make a .asm file from the .dll?

Jun 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I will just look at the source code;

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

It's done using msbuild, but you won't get all the benefits of the shell integration...

Op 12 jun. 2012 21:39 schreef "jpal" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

I will just look at the source code;

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email Cosmos@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

How do you do it?

Coordinator
Jun 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Builds? Have a look at the sources of msbuild project..

Op 12 jun. 2012 22:19 schreef "jpal" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

How do you do it?

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I am done with that, how do you use IL2CPU?

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Have a look at the sources of the msbuild project. It contains all the info you need. To see how it's used, see one of the playground projects...

Have you ever done any msbuild scripting? You'll need knowledge of msbuild to get things going, if it'll work at all. Personally, I'm not interested in users making this, so won't spend hours explaining stuff and help fix specific issues....

What specifications is your machine?

Op 14 jun. 2012 23:42 schreef "jpal" <notifications@codeplex.com> het volgende:

I am done with that, how do you use IL2CPU?

Jun 14, 2012 at 11:12 PM

What msbuild project? you mean csproj? And I am using Microsoft.Build instead of msbuild.

Jun 15, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Oh. You mean C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Cosmos\Cosmos.targets. I also am using Cosmos.Build.MSBuild. What do I use for the IL2CPU class?

Jun 15, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Oh. Specs. 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD, Pentium 4M 2.8GHz CPU x86, Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Visual c# express 2010. I am surprised that visual c# 2010 runs, with windows 8, but it works fine.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Why not run Visual Studio Shell then? I would really go for a WInXP install on such environment though....

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:59 AM, jpal <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Oh. Specs. 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD, Pentium 4M 2.8GHz CPU x86, Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Visual c# express 2010. I am surprised that visual c# 2010 runs, with windows 8, but it works fine.